Thank you for your interest in San Francisco State University Graduate Business programs.
The application process for the Graduate Business programs is outlined in the steps on this page.
► For Executive MBA applicants who are interested in 2018 admissions, please email our office at email@example.com for more information.
- Access the online application through the new Cal State Apply site
- Follow the instructions to apply for the Fall 2018 semester. A $55.00US nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants.
- The Campus location on Cal State Apply is currently only listing "Main Campus" for any program you select. But please note that all Graduate Business courses are offered at the San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street, Suite 600.
- After you've completed My Profile, you will have access to My Application. Here you will find four quadrants.
- Program Materials is the quadrant where you will find information about uploading the following required documents:
Submit your most recent résumé. Full time work experience is recommended for admission to the program. Current incoming class average full time work experience is three years. Please include any internships or part-time work experience as well.
The Personal Statement must be in essay format between 500–750 words. Please indicate the program you are applying to, whether you have taken the required admissions exam(s) and if not, when you plan to take the exam(s). It should then include responses to these four questions:
- How will an MBA, MS in Accountancy or MS in Business Analytics degree prepare you for your future goals?
- Why are you applying to San Francisco State University?
- Explain any past accomplishments which you feel are particularly important in relation to your future goals.
- Please explain how each of the following two words apply to you: 1. Leadership 2. Team Player
- Applicants are required to upload legible unofficial copies of complete transcripts from each college or university attended (including study abroad coursework, or community college coursework, even if this coursework appears as transfer credit on your degree transcript). Photographs or screenshots of transcripts will not be accepted. The Division of Graduate Studies may request official transcripts at any point during the application review process.
- Applicants who are admitted to the program will then be required to submit official transcripts to the Division of Graduate Studies in order to secure their offer of admission.
Letters of Recommendation
Please refer to instructions on Cal State Apply website. Please access My Application where you will find four quadrants. Program Materials is the quadrant where you will find information about requesting letters of recommendation.
GMAT or GRE Test
It is not necessary to upload your GMAT/GRE or TOEFL/IELTS Test Scores through Cal State Apply. All test results must be sent to the university directly from the test center.
Instructions below for test score submission:
The GMAT or the GRE test is required for admission*
The MS in Business Analytics requires the GRE test.
- To register for the GMAT, visit the GMAT website, or call 1(800) 717-GMAT.
- Our GMAT school codes are: F87HP99 for the MBA, and F87HP10 for the MSA program.
Download the free GMAT preparation software from mba.com
- To register for the GRE, visit http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register
- Our GRE school code is: 4684
- Download free GRE preparation software from the ETS website.
* In lieu of the GMAT or GRE, applicants to the Executive MBA (EMBA) program are asked to come in for an interview with the admissions committee, and to take a writing test.
TOEFL (or IELTS/PTE) Test
All graduate business applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose native language is not English, must demonstrate English language proficiency. To demonstrate your English language ability, please request to have your official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score report to San Francisco State University's Division of Graduate Studies. Scores are valid for two years from the test date. Check the English Requirement needed to apply. The English language testing requirement will be waived for applicants who have earned a U.S. Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- To register for the TOEFL, call 1(800) GO-TOEFL or visit the TOEFL website. The TOEFL school code is 4683
- To register for the IELTS exam, visit the IELTS website
- To register for the Pearson Test of English (PTE), please refer to the Pearson Test of English website
Check Your Application Status
- Once you have submitted your application, you may check your application status online.
- General information can be found on San Francisco State’s Domestic student admissions and International student admissions page.
Financial Affidavit and Medical Insurance for International Students
- Applicants who need a student visa, must present proof of financial resources and health insurance once they are admitted to our program.
- Please follow the instructions on the SF State I-20 page to submit proof of Financial resources and Medical insurance.
Contact the Graduate Business Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org.