UCSF Supply Chain Management (SCM) oversees purchasing and payment. There are opportunities and projects that will help improve the payment process to be more efficient by eliminating paper invoices and checks using technology to facilitate electronic invoicing and electronic payment.
SCM is looking for bright interns to help with these efforts and make big changes for our suppliers and employees. Convincing suppliers to use electronic invoices and payment will reduce the supplier and employee workload in invoice processing and make payment faster and more secure.
- Assist in reviewing data to identify suppliers that are currently sending paper/emailed invoices or are receiving paper check payments
- Research through a variety of methods to identify suppliers who are submitting paper invoices and are receiving paper checks
- Conduct internet research to find the best supplier contacts to reach suppliers
- Send suppliers letters, emails, and make calls to ask suppliers to switch to electronic invoicing and payment
- Marketing the benefits of electronic invoices and payments to suppliers and answering their questions
- Help monitor and enforce supplier electronic invoice submission and electronic payment methods
- Help running reports and generating data to track progress
- Contribute ideas on how to best manage suppliers on electronic invoicing and payment and improve the process
- Current college student at a University of California (preferred) or California State University
- Interest in accounting and finance
- Good writing and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A quick learner
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and business tools
- US work authorization is required
- A person in this position may handle sensitive and financial information. Any candidates considered must pass a background check to be hired for the position.