Professor John Logan Interviewed by Multiple News Outlets Covering Union Victories at Amazon and REI
Department Chair and Professor of Labor and Employment Studies John Logan was quoted on the union victories at Amazon and REI by various national and International news outlets, including Reuters, The Washington Post (subscription required to read full story), TeenVogue magazine, The New York Times (subscription required to read full story), EuroNews, CNN Business, BBC Brazil, and AP News about his expectations to see more unconventional labor campaigns led by young and ambitious workers at other companies.
- March 2, 2022, The New York Times, REI Workers in New York Vote to Unionize.
- April 1, 2022, TeenVogue, Amazon Labor Union in Staten Island Wins Unionization Vote.
- April 1, 2022, CNN Business, Amazon workers at New York warehouse vote to form company's first US union.
- April 1, 2022, The New York Times, Amazon Workers on Staten Island Vote to Unionize in Landmark Win for Labor.
- April 2, 2022, AP News, Amazon workers in NYC vote to unionize in historic labor win.
- April 2, 2022, EuroNews, Amazon union leader Smalls went from rapper to unlikely voice of protest.
- April 2, 2022, The Washington Post, Amazon workers vote to join a union in New York in historic move.
- April 4, 2022, CNN Business, Amazon warehouse workers in New York made history voting for a union. Here's what could happen next.
- April 6, 2022, The New York Times, Does the Amazon Union Win Portend a Comeback for Organized Labor?
- April 10, 2022, AP News, Analysis: Amazon workers form labor union.
- April 11, 2022, BBC News, Por que os sindicatos estão ressurgindo nos EUA.
- April 13, 2022, CNN Business, Amazon and Starbucks union votes are small wins — but important ones — for US labor.
- April 22, 2022, New Frame, S7 Episode 13: Amazon workers’ win.
Visit the Labor and Employment department page to learn more about the program and faculty.