Free Tax Preparation Services Available Now From Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
It’s tax season again—time to file federal and state income tax returns to get your refund. Free tax preparation services are now available through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) on campus.
This VITA site is sponsored by the Lam Family College of Business (LFCoB), the Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) student organization, and the United Way of Bay Area (UWBA).
The VITA IRS-certified volunteers offer FREE tax preparation services to qualified individuals.
How to File Your Taxes with VITA:
To file your taxes with the VITA site, please make an appointment at https://go.oncehub.com/SFSU and upload your required tax documents to the “GetYourRefund” website at https://getyourrefund.org/sfsu. VITA provides guaranteed services for appointments, but they also accept walk-ins on a first-come, first-serve basis, depending on available volunteers and indoor capacity. *If using walk-in services, please arrive no later than 5 p.m.
Please note that VITA cannot prepare tax returns for those:
- Whose income is above $70,000;
- Are married filing separately; or
- Are self-employed with business expenses greater than $10,000.
Please bring the following documents with you:
- Photo ID, Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- All forms of income (W2s, 1099s, self-employment work, etc.)
- Other tax forms (1098s, 1095s, etc)
- Last year’s tax returns if available
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Letters/notices from the IRS if any
Creative Arts Room #116, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco State University, CA 94132
Dates of Operation:
Services are available Tuesday, January 31, 2023, through Saturday, April 8, 2023.
The VITA site will be closed during Spring Break from March 20–25.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays–Fridays from 12:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Saturdays from 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Questions? Contact VITA:
Phone: (415) 338-1079 during our hours of operation
VITA Faculty Advisors: Min Chen: email@example.com; Lena Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the SFSU Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Chi Chapter website: https://sfsubap.org/vita.html