Lihua Wang, Ph.D.
Faculty Site URL: https://cob.sfsu.edu/directory/lihua-wang
Lihua Wang is a professor at International Business Department, Lam Family College of Business, San Francisco State University. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Management and Organizations from Northwestern University, a M.B.A. degree from Chinese University of Hong Kong, and a bachelor’s degree in International Economics from Nankai University, China. Her research interests include internationalization of firms in emerging markets, corporate social responsibility, stakeholder management, and inter-firm relationships. She has extensive teaching experience in the areas of corporate strategy, organizational theory, cross-cultural negotiation, comparative management, international business and global strategy. She has taught at Stanford University, Columbia University, National University of Singapore and San Francisco State University.She has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals, such as Strategic Management Journal, Industrial and Corporate Change, Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing, Management and Organization Review, Journal of World Business, Chinese Management Studies, Family Business Review, and Asian Journal of Business Ethics.
- Ph.D. in Management and Organizations, Northwestern University
- M.B.A., Chinese University of Hong Kong
- B.A. in Economics, Nankai, China
- Inter-firm relationships
- Corporate social responsibility
Main Theoretical Focus:
- Stakeholder management theory
- Resource-based view of a firm
Honors and Awards:
Lam Family College of Business Research Productivity Award, Academic Year 2017-2018.
Lam Family College of Business Research Productivity Award, Academic Year 2016-2017.
Emerald Citations of Excellence Award, 2015 from Emerald Group Publishing, for the article: Liang, X., Lu, X., & Wang, L. 2012. Outward internationalization of private enterprises in China: the effect of competitive advantages and disadvantages compared to home market rivals. Journal of World Business, 47(1), 134-144.
- CSU Summer Stipend, 2007
- Grant for Soocial Science Research, Education Ministry of China (RMB 50,000)
- Best Article of 2006, Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing
- The Academy of Management
- International Association for Chinese Management Research