Fall and Spring Networking Event for All San Francisco State University Students
On the first Friday of every month, SF State students, staff, faculty, and alumni come together for this informal social and educational event — one that supports many interests, perspectives and schedules to promote curiosity in a continuous learning environment.
Sample of topics and speakers from the past year:
Trust: Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
- Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D., Information Systems, San Francisco State University
- Horea Porutiu is a developer advocate focused on ensuring developers' success on IBM Cloud. His hobby of investing led him to a career focused on blockchain. Horea is an active leader in the blockchain community and speaks at various community events about the Hyperledger project. Horea has been named a top writer for the leading tech blog site, Hacker Noon.
Brand Sustainability and Global Corporate Citizenship
- Sean Ansett (MSBA, '98), President at At Stake Advisors Ltd. Sean is a sustainability professional who provides strategic advice on ethical trade, human rights and environmental sustainability.
- Paloma Lopez (MSBA, '98), Global Director, Kellogg's Brand at Kellogg Company
10 tips to finding yourself in a career you love
- Megan Bouhamama (MBA, '03), Senior Director Product Marketing at xMatters