The Fellows Program
We have an extensive commercial real estate industry in San Francisco! The industry seeks to infuse the business with new talent from San Francisco State University.
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE)
CREATE has partnered with SF State to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Recruiting for the 2023-24 Cohort will Begin in April!
This one-year program helps you to be ready for an entry-level job in the commercial real estate market. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology.
There are eight sessions each semester, and cover topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset management
- corporate rea estate
- construction and project management
The cohort runs during the Fall and Spring semesters with eight sessions per semester, for a total of 16 sessions. All sessions take place every other Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. (pending changes due to holidays or unforeseen circumstances).
there is no tuition or cost to participate for students!
Applying to CREATE
All Students in the Lam Family College of Business are eligible. Getting into the program involves a few steps:
1. Attend an information session (dates are below)
2. Fill out an application (email to you after you attend an info session)
3. Attend an informal, conversational interview
The Fall 2023-Spring 2024 CREATE sessions will be held at San Francisco State's main campus. Sessions are tentatively scheduled for in-person, contingent upon state health services guidelines.
Why apply to the program?
Learn the fundamentals of the industry and about career opportunities in commercial real estate. The experience is enhanced by mentoring, job shadowing, building tours, internships, and networking through the CREATE alliance.
During the program, you will:
- learn about commercial real estate principles and concepts and practices
- participate in building tours, job shadowing, and mentoring opportunities
- attend professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills, including communication and problem-solving—skills that are in demand for any workplace environment
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
- You must be a current San Francisco State University student or SFSU alumni.
- Juniors, seniors, graduate students and recent alumni from any concentration within the Lam Family College of Business are welcome and are encouraged to apply!
- You must be genuinely interested in, or have a high desire to pursue, a career in commercial real estate within the Bay Area upon graduation.
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- You must commit to attending the full one year CRE Fellows program sessions for academic year 2023/2024.
Information Sessions & Interviews
Recruiting for the 2023-24 CREATE Cohort will begin in April. Please be sure to attend an information session to be eligible to apply: RSVP Here.
Info Session Dates:
- April 4th
- April 6th
- April 11th
- April 13th
- April 18th
- April 20th
If you have any questions about the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program, please email Paul Glanting at email@example.com.
If you have questions or would like more information please contact the Commercial Real Estate Program Coordinator, Bryan Le firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Glanting email@example.com