Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
We have a flourishing business environment in San Francisco. We have significant commercial building development in the downtown area, and we have a workforce that is starting to retire. The commercial real estate industry needs new professionals!
Application for the 2021-2022 Commerical Real Estate Fellows Program runs between March 17, 2021- April 30, 2021!
Applications are due on Friday, April 30 by 5:00 p.m. Late submissions will not be accepted.
For more information, please reference the Information Sessions below.
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) has partnered with San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from August 2021 to May 2022. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight sessions each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a current San Francisco State University junior, senior, or graduate student from any concentration in the Lam Family College of Business that intends to graduate May 2022 or after
- You are genuinely interested and have a high desire to pursue a career in commercial real estate in the Bay Area upon graduation
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- If selected, you must be able to commit to the one year 2021/2022 CRE Fellows program. Sessions meet every other Wednesday evenings starting at 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Fall 2021/ Spring 2022
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Attend an Information Session
Information sessions dates are listed below. Please RSVP HERE to attend and for more information, contact Carl Freschl at firstname.lastname@example.org, CRE Program Coordinator and Career Advisor, for more information.
- Wednesday, March 17 from 11 a.m. - Noon
- Tuesday, March 30 from 11 a.m. - Noon
- Monday, April 5 from 10 a.m.- 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 13 from 4 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 14 from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 20 from 11 a.m.- Noon
- Wednesday, April 21 from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 28 from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for the 2021- 2022 CRE Fellows Cohort you must attend an information session to recieve an application link. You will be asked to submit a resume and complete our online application form AFTER your complete participation in an information session. Please RSVP HERE to attend.
- Cohort runs during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- All sessions are slated to take place every other Wednesday from 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. (pending changes due to holidays or unforseen circumstances)
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no student tuition or cost to the student!
- Eligibility: You must be a CURRENT Undergraduate and Graduate student at San Francisco State University. All majors with a concentration in the Lam Family College of Business are welcome to apply.
- Cohort size: 25-35 students.
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact Carl Freschl at email@example.com for more information.