Recruitment for the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program has begun! The deadline to apply is May 15th, Sunday.
We have a flourishing and fast growing commercial real estate industry in San Francisco! The industry is thriving and seeks to infuse the business with new talent from San Francisco State University.
CREATE has partnered with SF State to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
This is a one-year program that prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market and runs two semesters from August to May. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost in becoming a fellow.
There are eight sessions each semester, covering topics such as:
- Property management
- Leasing & marketing
- Asset management
- Understanding commercial real estate types
- Construction and project management
- Cohort runs during the Fall and Spring semesters with eight sessions per semester, bringing the program to a total of sixteen sessions.
- All sessions are slated to take place every other Wednesday from 4 - 6 p.m. (pending changes due to holidays or unforeseen circumstances)
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no tuition or cost to participate
- Location: Classes will be held at the San Francisco State Lam Family College of Business downtown campus which is accessible by BART, MUNI, and other forms of public transit. Sessions will be tentatively in-Person (Contingent on state health services guidelines)
- Learn about commercial real estate principles and real-world applications
- Building tours, job shadowing, and mentoring opportunities
- Professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- Strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- Develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Who is Eligible for CRE Fellows Program?
- You must be a CURRENT San Francisco State University student that intends to graduate in May 2023 or AFTER. Juniors, seniors, or graduate students from any concentration within the Lam Family College of Business are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
- You must be genuinely interested in, or have a high desire to pursue a career in commercial real estate within the Bay Area upon graduation
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- You must commit to attending the entire one year 2022/2023 CRE Fellows program sessions. There will be 16 sessions (8 per semester) that will meet every other Wednesday evening starting at 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. Sessions will be held at the SF State Downtown campus off of Spear Street, which is easily accessible via MUNI and BART.
Attend Information Session
You will need to fill out the RSVP form to request a Zoom link for the selected information session. During the information session, you will be given an application link to apply for the program after you have signed in with us.
Join Us for Information Session
Please join us for an information session on the upcoming Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. Attending an information session is critical to your ability to successfully apply to the program. You will learn about how to apply and how to demonstrate you are a qualified applicant. The deadline to submit your application is Sunday, May 15th at 5 p.m. If you are not able to join us for an information session, we welcome you to book a 1:1 appointment to meet with us so we can go into more details for you.
|Monday, May 2||4 - 5 p.m.|
|Friday, May 6||10 - 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday, May 11||10 - 11 a.m.|
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact SuQiong Yu, Program Coordinator, and Career Advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.