Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
We have a flourishing business environment in San Francisco. We have significant commercial building development in the downtown area, and we have a workforce that is starting to retire. The commercial real estate industry needs new professionals!
Applications for the 2019-2020 Commerical Real Estate Fellows Program are now closed.
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) has partnered with San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from September 2019 to May 2020. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight classes each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset Management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible?
- Domestic students (unfortunately, international students are not eligible to apply at this time)
- Must be a San Francisco State University junior, senior, or graduate student from any concentration in the Lam Family College of Business
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- You are genuinely interested in exploring commercial real estate
- If selected, you are able to commit for the one-year program
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Attend an Information Session
Ready to Apply?
- Deadline: We will be accpeting applications for the incoming 2020-2021 cohort. Check back in Spring 2020 for information about the next cohort.
- Duration: One-year program, meeting every other week for two hours each session.
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no student tuition!
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and MBA students at San Francisco State University. All majors with a concentration in the Lam Family College of Business are welcome to apply.
- Cohort size: 25-35 students.
Applications will open in April 2020 for the 2020-2021 cohort.
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact Erick Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.