Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
We have a flourishing business environment in San Francisco. We have significant commercial building development in the downtown area, and we have a workforce that is starting to retire. The commercial real estate industry needs new professionals!
Applications for the 2020-2021 Commerical Real Estate Fellows Program will open starting April 1, 2020.
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) has partnered with San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from September 2020 to May 2021. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight classes each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset Management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a current San Francisco State University junior, senior, or graduate student from any concentration in the Lam Family College of Business
- You are genuinely interested and have a high desire to pursue a career in commercial real estate in the Bay Area upon graduation
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- If selected, you will be able to commit to the 2020/2021 CRE Fellows program
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Attend an Information Session
- Monday, April 6 from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7 from 11 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday, April 8 from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 9 from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 14 from 11 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday, April 15 from 11 a.m. - noon
- Thursday, April 16 from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday, April 20 from 11 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday, April 22 from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 23 from 10 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Ready to Apply?
- Deadline: We will be accpeting applications for the incoming 2020-2021 cohort starting April 1 - April 30. You must complete an information session to recieve the application form.
- Duration: One Academic year with two hours each session ouccring every other week.
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no student tuition!
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and MBA students at San Francisco State University. All majors with a concentration in the Lam Family College of Business are welcome to apply.
- Cohort size: 25-35 students.
Applications will open in April 1, 2020- April 30, 2020 for the 2020-2021 cohort. Interviews will be scheduled for end of April 2020 and run through early May 2020.
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact Erick Muñoz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.