Apply to the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
We have a flourishing business environment in San Francisco. We have significant commercial building development in the downtown area, and we have a workforce that is starting to retire. The commercial real estate industry needs new professionals!
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) has partnered with San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from September 2019 to May 2020. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight classes each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset Management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible?
- Domestic students (unfortunately, international students are not eligible to apply at this time)
- Must be a San Francisco State University junior, senior, or graduate student from any concentration in the College of Business
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- You are genuinely interested in exploring commercial real estate
- If selected, you are able to commit for the one-year program
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Attend an Information Session
An information session is a great way to learn about the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program and everything it has to offer you. Please join us for our online information sessions. If you would like to attend one of these online information sessions, please email us for the Zoom link.
- Tuesday, June 11 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 18 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 19 at 11 a.m.
All sessions are about 30 minutes and held online via Zoom.
Please email us at email@example.com for the link to the meeting.
Ready to Apply?
- Deadline: We are accepting applications until June 23rd, 2019
- Duration: One-year program, meeting once a week, held September 2019 to May 2020
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no student tuition!
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and MBA students at San Francisco State University. All majors with a concentration in the College of Business are welcome to apply
- Cohort size: 25-35 students
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.