Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
We have a flourishing business environment in San Francisco. We have significant commercial building development in the downtown area, and we have a workforce that is starting to retire. The commercial real estate industry needs new professionals!
Application for the 2021-2022 Commerical Real Estate Fellows Program are now closed, but we will begin recruitment for the 2022/2023 Cohort starting April 2022. Information Sessions will start in March 2022.
Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) has partnered with San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from August 2021 to May 2022. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight sessions each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible for the 2022/2023 CREATE Fellows program?
- You must be a CURRENT San Francisco State University student that intends to graduate May 2023 or AFTER. Juniors, seniors, or graduate students from any concentration within the Lam Family College of Business are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
- You must be genuinely interested in, or have a high desire to pursue a career in commercial real estate within the Bay Area upon graduation
- You must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- You must commit to attend the entire one year 2022/2023 CRE Fellows program sessions. There will be 16 sessions (8 per semester) that will meet every other Wednesday evenings starting at 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Sessions will be held at the SF State Downtown campus off of Spear street, which is easily accessible via MUNI and BART.
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Attend an Information Session
Information sessions regarding the 2022/ 2023 Cohort will start in March 2022. Please check back with us later.
You can also contact Carl Freschl at email@example.com, CRE Program Coordinator and Career Advisor, for more information.
Ready to Apply?
We strongly encourage you to consider attending an information session to gain an understanding of the program and the application process.
- Cohort runs during the Fall and Spring semesters with 8 sessions per semester, bringingF the program to a total of 16 sessions.
- All sessions are slated to take place every other Wednesday from 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. (pending changes due to holidays or unforseen circumstances)
- Cost: This program is fully funded by BOMA – there is no tuition or cost to participate
- Cohort size: 25-35 students.
- Location: Classes will be held at the San Francisco State Lam Family College of Business downtown campus which is accessible by BART, MUNI and other forms of public transit
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact Carl Freschl at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.