BPM’s Accounting Advisory team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team or "BEST") provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by conducting audits for presentation to investors, representing companies in securing loans and financing, developing succession plans and exit strategies, and supporting company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration. In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Service Team works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs.
- Research basic and intermediate accounting topics and present more senior members with your proposed solution
- Develop and apply an intermediate knowledge of accounting principles
- Support accounting services for clients like assist in month-end close, including A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Participate in multiple engagements and begin to interact with client personnel.
- Be a contributing member to the team, soaking up information and competently analyzing and prioritizing information to make appropriate recommendations and suggest solutions.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences, as needed.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the engagement teams
- Collaborate with clients, working hand in hand to deliver a quality product within the client’s time frame
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- Open to Juniors, Seniors and/or transfer students
- Individuals returning to the work force after a few years
- Open to full-time or Part-time schedule as this is a year round internship
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Bachelors or Masters Program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
- Lives near or in the surrounding areas
Follow the link below and apply for the location you wish to work at