Verónica Caridad Rabelo, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of management in the Lam Family College of Business. She uses an intersectional and interdisciplinary lens to examine how aspects of social identity—including race/ethnicity, gender/sexuality, and social class—shape experiences of mistreatment, mindfulness, and compassion in the workplace. She researches these topics from the perspectives of underrepresented, under-served, and under-studied communities, including employees who are people of color, immigrants, sexual minorities and/or lower-income. She also writes about strategies to make teaching and research methods more inclusive.
Her work has been published in Academy of Management Learning & Education, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and interdisciplinary journals at the intersections of gender/sexuality studies, law, and social/community psychology. Her research has been funded by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI), and the Ross School of Business (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor). Her honors include a Student Scholar Latina Award from the American Psychological Association (APA) and the inaugural Diversity Research Award from the University of Michigan Department of Psychology.
- B.A. in Psychology with Concentrations in Latin@ Studies and Africana Studies; Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- M.S. in Psychology; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Ph.D. in Psychology (Personality & Social Contexts; Gender & Feminist Psychology) Women’s Studies; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Race/ethnicity, gender/sexuality, and social class in organizations
- Sexual harassment, racism @ work, workplace mistreatment
- Occupational health and wellbeing
- Mindfulness and compassion in organizations
- Intersectionality and organizational research methods
Consulting + Organizational Research Collaborations:
- Accenture / Sagacious
- Cazorla, EEOC vs. Koch Foods of Mississippi
- U.S. Army Research Institute
- Academy of Management
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology