Robert Saltzman, Ph.D.
Faculty Site URL: https://faculty.sfsu.edu/~saltzman/
Robert Saltzman teaches undergraduate and MBA courses in operations management, statistics, speadsheet modeling, computer simulation, and quality management in the Lam Family College of Business at San Francisco State University. He served as Chair of the Decision Sciences Department from 2007-2010 and from 2013-2016. Robert earned his Ph.D. in Operations Research from Stanford University, and his Bachelor’s degree in Applied Math from Brown University. His research interests are in applied optimization and animated simulation modeling.
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics (1981), Brown University
- Ph.D. in Operations Research (1989), Stanford University
- Animated Discrete
- Event Simulation Modeling
- Applied Optimization Modeling
Honors and Awards:
- Best Paper in Lam Family College of Business Working Paper Series, 1999-2000 (May 2000)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 1996-97, Lam Family College of Business (Nov. 1997)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 1992-93, School of Business (Nov. 1993)
- INFORMS: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences