The program empowers students to realize their full potential and create a successful future.
The Lam Family College of Business (LFCoB) Mentorship Program aims to equip students at LFCoB with tools and skills for career success by pairing them with successful professionals for one-on-one mentoring and providing opportunities for students and alumni to expand their professional networks.
Mentorship is a critical part of career and personal development. For many college students, good mentorship is difﬁcult to ﬁnd. This program pairs driven students with successful alumni who graduated from Lam Family College of Business. Through this program, students can:
- Connect with the greater SF State business alumni network.
- Learn how to make the most of their college experience.
- Learn about industries and career choices from seasoned professionals who took the same courses and had similar challenges.
- Receive guidance as students transition into an internship, the workforce, or a career.
Program Sequence and Topics
This mentorship program runs in both fall semester and spring semester. Students generally will enroll in the program semester-by-semester. Highly motivated students may take on a yearlong mentorship program, with the faculty director’s approval. The fall semester program runs from mid-September to mid-December. The spring semester program runs from mid-February to mnid-May.
Students can sign up for one track any semester by indicating their preference on the enrollment form.
Exploring/Setting Life and Career Goals Track
- Understanding strengths and areas of growth in both personality and skills
- Coming to terms with hurdles and establishing plans to overcome current challenges
Setting Up for Success Track
- Perfecting LinkedIn profiles and resumes, as well as managing social media content
- Learning about networking skills
- Strengthening job application packages and interview skills