WELF 2022 Information
The 8th Annual Women's Emerging Leadership Forum is hosted in collaboration with the San Francisco office of KPMG. We're looking forward to seeing you!
- Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Location: KPMG LLP, 55 Second Street, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
Reasonable accommodations: This event welcomes persons with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days before the event to request reasonable accommodations.
The Lam Family College of Business (LFCoB) at San Francisco State University (SFSU) is hosting our Eighth Annual (2022) Women’s Emerging Leadership Forum as an in-person event.
This annual event is a lively, engaging forum designed to help you achieve your full potential in the workplace by bringing together a diverse group of successful and aspiring leaders to exchange stories and hard-earned insights, share knowledge and learn how to avoid common pitfalls on the path to career advancement, and identify ways to enhance your leadership skills while making meaningful connections and expanding your professional network.
This year's theme is 'Blazing Your Path' and will feature stories and hard-earned reflections from women who have achieved the pinnacle of their profession.
The event includes complimentary continental breakfast, lunch, and coffee/tea.
Tickets to this event are sold out!
AST Private Company Solutions, Inc.
Keynote Address: How Ownership Works and Why Most Women Don’t Negotiate Effectively
Research continues to show that women are earning less and participating in ownership at a lower level than their male peers. Learn from Carine Schneider, a senior executive who has worked in compensation her entire career, about why these challenges occur and how you can ensure that you are compensated at an equal and appropriate level.
Professor of Marketing and Lam-Larsen Community Engagement Initiative Director
Lam Family College of Business, San Francisco State University
Topic: What it Takes to Carve a Path to the Top
Big and challenging goals don’t need to be intimidating, even in times of uncertainty. Gulnur Tumbat will share her stories and research from her big mountain expeditions – including climbing to the top of Mount Everest – on how to focus on what you can control and stay resilient till you reach your goal.
Panelists (photos left to right):
Sr. Director of People & Host, SoCal Wanderer, AppliedVR, SoCal Wanderer
Vice President of Claris FileMaker Platform Engineering, Apple
CEO, ROCS Global, Inc.
Panel Topic: Create Your Path: Thrive During Change and Uncertainty
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Registration, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Coffee/Tea (informal network building)
10:00 - 11:10 a.m.
- Plenary Session I
- Opening Remarks by Forum Chair Jingmei Li, HR Consultant and Lecturer Faculty, Management Department, Lam Family College of Busines, San Francisco State University (LFCoB, SFSU)
- Welcome Remarks by Eugene Sivadas, Ph.D., Dean, LFCoB, SFSU
- Keynote Address: How Ownership Works and Why Most Women Don’t Negotiate Effectively
11:10 - 11:25 a.m.
- Coffee/Tea Break, informal network building
11:25 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Top Management Panel Topic: Create Your Path: Thrive During Change and Uncertainty
12:30 - 12:40 p.m.
- Brief Break (stretch, refresh, hydrate); informal network building
12:40 - 2:00 p.m.
- Plenary Session II - Lunch & Other Speakers
- Complimentary lunch and informal networking
- Topic: What it Takes to Carve a Path to the Top
2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
- Short Break: Stretch, Refresh, Hydrate
2:10 - 2:30 p.m.
- Reflections, Insights, Feedback
- Closing Remarks by Forum Chair Jingmei Li
This event is hosted in collaboration with the San Francisco office of KPMG. We thank them for their support.
If you have any questions or are interested in partnering with us or becoming a speaker at a future WELF event, please email us at email@example.com.