Upcoming Special Events
Thank you to everyone for helping with or just attending our events in the 2022-2023 academic year. Stay tuned for future events in Fall 2023 and beyond, when the Center will be under fabulous new leadership. Maybe we will even have a case competition!
Past Special Events
On March 30th, 2023, the Department of Economics along with the Economics Student Association invited Dr. Lala Ma to present her work, Environmental Justice: The Economics of Race, Place, and Pollution.
View the recording here. Passcode: tx#pD5uw
Are you considering a career in making the world a greener and better place, but are not yet sure how to get there? On March 3rd 2022 our four panelists (Sapna Dixit (MBA, ’10), Sara Fuentes, Ellie Read, Caroline Trowbridge) from Women in Cleantech and Sustainability shared how they established themselves professionally, discuss how to network to find and land that dream job, and answered your questions. View the recording here.
Did you know:
- By 2050 there could be more plastic in the ocean than fish?
- Only 8% of plastic is recycled in the US?
- While other materials may have higher recycling rates, inherently recycling involves a lot of energy (and resultant carbon emissions)?
In 2018 the EPA estimated that packaging accounted for approximately 30% of the US’s municipal solid waste, and the pandemic has only made things worse. Our Zoom panel in November 2021 featured four entrepreneurs, including PATHWATER executive VP Gulshan Kumar (B.A. '15), James Martin (Founder, EturnityApp), Paul Tasner (CEO, Pulpworks), Kumar Venkat (CTO, Planet forward) who are working to solve this problem. Learn how you can make a difference (and maybe make a living). Watch the recording here.
In October 2021, CESB worked with the Emerging and Developing Economies Initiative to promote the event International Business Opportunities in Climate Tech & Sustainability. Our speaker was Breaux Walker, an angel investor in Fintech with a passion for saving the planet.
(2013 – 2018)
CESB has been at the forefront in the Bay Area in bringing ethics and compliance education curriculum and workshops to SF State students and the business community. Each Downtown Campus workshop has been developed in a collaborative effort between the CESB director and the business community, includingKaiser Permanente, Wells Fargo, Salesforce.com, Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Deloitte & Touche, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Blue Shield, Holland America, Hilton, and the City of San Francisco Department on the Status of Women.
- Ethics and Compliance Roundtable: Cyber Security, May 4, 2018
- Privacy & Security: Concerns, Trends and Employment in Ethics & Compliance Workshop, April 29, 2016
- Ethics & Compliance: Hospitality and Tourism Industries, Thurs., Nov. 7, 2014
- Ethics & Compliance: Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Practices, Wed., Nov. 5, 2014
- Ethics & Compliance: Medical Health & Pharmaceutical Practices, Mon., Apr. 24, 2014
- Culture of Ethics & Compliance: FCPA and Global Bribery Challenges, Wed., Nov. 6, 2013