This is a STEM-designated program, which allows international students with an F-1 visa to extend their training in the U.S. by an additional 24 months after graduation.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a new degree program within the College of Business at San Francisco State University, a leading institution for quality business education in the Bay Area for over 50 years.
Is the MS in Business Analytics program right for me?
- I am comfortable with math and quantitative analysis
- I have a four-year undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: economics, engineering, mathematics, science, finance, accounting, management science, information systems, or quantitative marketing
- I do not have an undergraduate degree in one of the above areas, but I do have several years of professional work experience in one of those areas
- I am ready to enhance my knowledge and skills in business analytics
- Complete in three or four semesters
- Take classes taught by distinguished faculty with industry experience
- Choose between taking classes on a full-time or part-time basis
The program has 10 courses:
- Programming Languages for Analytics
- Applied Multivariate Methods
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management for Analytics
- Data Mining and Advanced Statistical Methods
- Machine Learning for Business Analysts
- Culminating Project
- Plus three electives upon advisement
For details and course descriptions, see SF State Academic Bulletin
For a list of Fall 2018 courses, see MSBA Schedule of Courses
The College of Business is honored to work with over 120 tenure-track and adjunct faculty who are committed to excellence in teaching and innovation. As scholars and practitioners of their specific disciplines, our outstanding faculty provide participants with a relevant and challenging curriculum.
Location and Class Hours
Conveniently located at the San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, in the heart of San Francisco, the Graduate Business Programs provides unique networking opportunities and access to the ever-growing Bay Area business and tech community.
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus
835 Market Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103
Classes are held Monday through Friday, from either 2 to 4:45 p.m., or from 6:30 to 9:15 p.m.
- Four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors or professors
- GRE Test. An average test score of 155 on the Quantitative and 150 on the Verbal sections of the test and a minimum Analytical writing score of 4.0 is required. A lower Analytical writing score may be accepted for Conditional admission and student must take approved writing course after joining the program. GRE is waived for applicants with a doctoral degree. Only the GRE test is accepted for admissions to this program, not the GMAT.
Foreign language test is required of all applicants who have earned their undergraduate degree from a country where the official language is not English. One of the following tests taken within the past two years are accepted:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of at least 88 (or 570 on PBT)
- IELTS score of at least 7.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic overall score of at least 65
Prerequisites for the MSBA program are college-level programming, statististics and financial accounting. Applicants are eligible to apply without the prerequisite(s), and may receive conditional admission. To satisfy these prerequisites, applicants may choose to take online courses approved by our program.
Spring 2019 Admissions Cycle
How to apply to our new MS in Business Analytics program
Contact the Graduate Business Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 817-4300.