Designed for highly motivated individuals seeking career entry or advancement in the field of Big Data Analytics.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a new degree program within the College of Business at San Francisco State University, a leading institution for quality business education in the Bay Area for over 50 years.
Is the MS in Business Analytics program right for me?
- I am comfortable with math and quantitative analysis
- I have a four-year undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: economics, engineering, mathematics, science, finance, accounting, management science, information systems, or quantitative marketing
- I do not have an undergraduate degree in one of the above areas, but I do have several years of professional work experience in one of those areas
- I am ready to enhance my knowledge and skills in business analytics
- Complete in one year, full-time
- Take classes taught by distinguished faculty with industry experience
- Enroll as early as Fall 2018*
- Choose between taking classes on a full-time or part-time basis
The program has 10 courses:
- Programming Languages for Analytics
- Applied Multivariate Methods
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management for Analytics
- Data Mining and Advanced Statistical Methods
- Machine Learning for Business Analysts
- Culminating Projects
- Plus three electives upon advisement
The College of Business is honored to work with over 120 tenure-track and adjunct faculty who are committed to excellence in teaching and innovation. As scholars and practitioners of their specific disciplines, our outstanding faculty provide participants with a relevant and challenging curriculum.
Location and Class Hours
Conveniently located at the San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, in the heart of San Francisco, the Graduate Business Programs provides unique networking opportunities and access to the ever-growing Bay Area business and tech community.
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus
835 Market Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103
Classes are held Monday through Friday, from either 2 to 4:45 p.m., or from 6:30 to 9:15 p.m.
- Four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- At least 160 on GRE Quantitative and 150 on GRE Verbal. GRE is waived for applicants with a doctoral degree.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors or professors
Foreign language test is required of all applicants who have earned their undergraduate degree from a country where the official language is not English.
One of the following tests taken within the past two years are accepted:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of at least 88 (or 570 on PBT)
- IELTS score of at least 7.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic overall score of at least 65
- Applicants must have completed one semester of college programming (or have relevent skills), as well as a college-level course in statistics and financial accounting.
Fall 2018 Application
Selecting an Application Round for Fall 2018 semester
Applicants may choose any of the three rounds in which to submit their application. Do not feel obliged to rush your application, we want to see your best application, but we strongly encourage you to apply in the earliest round possible to expedite review. The sooner we have your materials, the sooner we can give you an admissions decision.
|Fall 2018 Filing Period||Domestic Students||International Students|
|Round One Deadline||January 15, 2018||January 15, 2018|
|Round Two Deadline||April 1, 2018||April 1, 2018|
|Round Three Deadline||June 1, 2018||May 15, 2018|
How to Apply
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply to the program.
For more information contact the Graduate Business office at email@example.com or call 415.817.4300
*Program begins Fall 2018 semester, subject to approval by the CSU Chancellor's Office