There's no better time to apply to the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program.
Thanks to the flourishing tech industry, San Francisco is undergoing a building boom. Half-built skyscrapers and construction cranes are regular fixtures along the downtown skyline and a sign that another industry is thriving: commercial real estate.
The organization Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) assists San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program. CREATE is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from September 2018 to May 2019. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
There are eight classes each semester, covering topics such as:
- property management
- leasing & marketing
- asset Management
- understanding commercial real estate types
- construction and project management
Who is Eligible?
- Domestic students (unfortunately, international students are not eligible to apply at this time)
- Must be a San Francisco State University sophomore, junior, or senior student, from any concentration
- GPA of 2.5
- Must be genuinely interested in exploring commercial real estate
- Expected to make a one-year commitment if selected for the program
An information session is a terrific way to learn about the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program and all it has to offer you. Sessions are one hour and held in BUS 202 on the San Francisco State University main campus. Snacks are provided.
- Tues., June 12, 1:30 p.m.
- Tues., June 14, 5:30 p.m.
- Tues., June 19, 1:30 p.m.
- Tues., June 26, 5:30 p.m.
Thirty-five students will be selected for the next cohort.
You will need the following ready when you apply:
- your résumé
- a brief statement describing why you are interested in exploring commercial real estate
Select students are contacted for a brief interview before acceptance into the fellows program.
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Program Dates & Location
The program runs Wednesdays, from 4 to 6 p.m., at the San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street. The room is to be determined.
Questions or Need More Information?
Please contact Javier Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.