There's no better time to apply to the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program.
Thanks to the flourishing tech industry, San Francisco is undergoing a building boom. Half-built skyscrapers and construction cranes are regular fixtures along the downtown skyline and a sign that another industry is thriving: commercial real estate.
The Commercial Real Estate Alliance for Tomorrow’s Employees (CREATE) is a collaborative effort between leading commercial real estate companies and service firms to address the industry’s growing workforce challenges throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. CREATE assists San Francisco State University to develop future global leaders through its Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program.
About the Program
The one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market, and runs two semesters from September 2018 to May 2019. There are eight classes each semester, covering topics such as Property Management, Leasing & Marketing, Asset Management, Understanding Commercial Real Estate Types, and Construction & Project Management. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology. There is no cost to become a fellow.
Who is Eligible?
- Domestic student (unfortunately, international students are not eligible to apply at this time)
- Must be a San Francisco State University sophomore, junior, or senior student, from any concentration
- GPA of 2.5
- Must be genuinely interested in exploring commercial real estate
- Expected to make a one-year commitment if selected for the program
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 20, 2018.
- learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
Information Session Dates
An information session is a terrific way to learn about the Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program and all it has to offer you.
No RSVP is necessary. All sessions held in BUS 216. Refreshments will be provided.
- April 10, 3–4 p.m.
- April 12, Noon–1 p.m.
- April 19, 3–4 p.m.
The program runs Wednesdays, from 4 to 6 p.m., at the San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, 835 Market Street. The room is to be determined.
Application and Interview Process
From 50 to 60 students are selected for the next cohort.
To apply, complete the online application at the bottom of the page. As part of the application, you need to submit the following materials:
- brief statement on why you are interested in exploring commercial real estate
Students will be contacted for a brief interview for acceptance into the fellows program.
The application deadline is April 20, 2018.
Questions or Need More Information?
Please contact Javier Garcia at email@example.com for more information.