To be negotiated.
Biz Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is small firm that is looking for someone to fill our part time junior bookkeeper/ office assistant position. This person should be an accounting major or at a minimum, have taken Accounting 100 and/or Accounting 101 (or its equivalent). This is the ideal position for a student that wants to learn the practical side of accounting and business consulting. To be successful in this role it is essential to learn quickly, communicate professionally and show a positive attitude. You also must be an open minded team player with initiative and enthusiasm. The individual should demonstrate the ability to think strategically in problem solving.
BCI prides itself on providing quality and professional service. As a small business, everyone wears many hats. This position will require the following duties, with additional responsibilities that may be added as your skills develop:
- Data entering
- Basic office duties (open mail, scan documents, phone support, etc.)
- Format and edit documents
- Detail oriented and able to follow directions
- Type at least 45 words per minute *
- 10 key entry *
- Proficient skills Word & Excel *
- Accounting 100 and/or 101 with high marks *
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Good time management
- Able to stay organized
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Self-starter, takes the initiative
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Highly organized
- Reliable, trustworthy, and dependable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task extremely well by handling and prioritizing simultaneous tasks
If you are interested please email info@BizConsultingInc.com with "Office Position" as subject header along with your cover letter, resume, and hourly wage requirement. A copy of your transcript may be required during the interview.