Build your career through the MBA program at SF State
Experienced faculty deliver a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare you with the proper skills to confidently resolve real-world business challenges. Become a full-time or part-time graduate business student and pursue your general MBA degree, a concentration in sustainable business, or choose an area of emphasis in one of the following fields:
- Decision Sciences/Operations Research
- Ethics and Compliance
- Healthcare Administration
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM)
- Information Systems
- Global Business and Innovation
- Nonprofit and Social Enterprise Leadership
- Social Innovation
- MBA Concentration in Sustainable Business
MBA Programs Comparison
This comparison chart of SF State's MBA programs provides an overview to help you select the program that best fits your needs. Click on program links for more details.
|Graduate Program||Time Frame||Brief Requirements or Description|
|Executive MBA||23 month (cohort)||
|MBA Fast-track||as few as 12 months||
|MBA Flexible||12-36 months||
|Bridge MBA||12 months||
MBA Fast-Track or Flexible
You may enroll full time or part-time. Depending on your academic background, you may qualify to waive your MBA foundation courses. All undergraduate majors are considered for our MBA program. Visit Graduate Admissions and Application Deadlines for more information.
To earn your MBA, you must attend a required orientation that includes professional development workshops, and complete eight Foundation courses (or less depending on how many courses are waived) plus ten Advanced Requirement courses. The Advanced Requirement consists of required courses and elective courses. You may choose an area of emphasis or take College of Business 800-level electives in different areas to complete a general MBA. Students are encouraged to consult with an advisor in their area of specialization.
San Francisco State University Bridge MBA Program
The San Francisco State University College of Business Bridge MBA Program allows international students with a three-year bachelor's degree to be admitted to the MBA Program on a conditional basis.
Bridge MBA students are required to take six foundation courses and these courses can be counted towards the MBA Program if the grades are satisfactory. After completing the foundation courses and meeting the Bridge MBA requirements within one year, the student will be formally admitted to the MBA Program.
Bridge MBA Admissions Requirements
- Earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum of GPA 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in last 60 units (or 3.0 GPA in all undergraduate work)
- Complete the CSU Mentor application
- Submit all college transcripts
- Take the GMAT exam (average GMAT score 570, minimum AWA 4.5)
- A TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score that meets the College of Business minimum
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Once admitted to the Bridge MBA Program:
- Student must complete 18 units (6 courses) from the list of courses offered for the Bridge MBA Program and maintaining an average GPA of 3.0.
- Student will meet with the graduate student adviser every semester prior to registering for classes.
- Previous business courses cannot be used to waive foundation or advanced courses.
- Student must take the BUS 714 Writing course if the GMAT AWA is below 4.5.
After completing the Bridge MBA program requirements, the conditional admission will be lifted and the student can be admitted to the MBA Program and/or receive a certificate in business.
* View the SF State Bulletin for additional information on our MBA program.