The Vista Room is a full-service food and beverage venue available for catering and banquet functions on the San Francisco State University campus.
Banquets & Private Dining
The Vista Room facilities, centrally located in Burk Hall on the fourth floor, include 1,400 sq ft of dining space and a 260 sq ft balcony available for seated private dining functions and banquets for up to 75 guests, or standing receptions for up to 100 guests. Whether you are planning a casual luncheon, buffet, private dining event or more formal evening reception, our team is delighted to create a customized experience for you and your guests. We specialize in business functions and departmental celebrations.
Minimum Charge: $1,200
Buffet selection of foods: $25 per person + tax
Service charge: $300 per hour, minimum of 2 hours (no tax)
Menus, facilities, pricing and booking information
Please contact The Vista Room directly for your catering, banquet or private dining needs. Events after hours may incur a service or room charge.
The Vista Room can be booked to host stand-up receptions with food and beverage service after regular operating hours.
Alcoholic Beverage Service
The Vista Room currently does not sell alcoholic beverages. However, you may bring your own alcoholic beverages, and we can set up a table for the BYOB wine and beer during your event.
If you choose to provide your own alcohol for an event, alcoholic beverage service is subject to the following restrictions:
- Vista Room personnel cannot serve the beverages. It must be self-served or served by someone from your party.
- Only non-distilled alcohols are allowed.
Generally, this means beers (including ciders and malt beverages), wines (including sake and fortified wines such as port or sherry) are acceptable. University policy dictates that we cannot serve any form of distilled alcohols (spirits), including but not limited to vodka, rum, gin, scotches or liqueurs.
- Prior to the event your group must:
- fill out and submit the University Alcohol Clearance Form
- and the Special Events Questionnaire
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Please note Enterprise Risk Management requests two-weeks' advance notice to complete the form.
- You may deliver your inventory of alcoholic beverages to The Vista Room site no earlier than two days prior to the event.
- You must arrange to pick up any unused portion of alcohol within one week.