Dr. Nasrin Mohabbati is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems Department in the Lam Family College of Business at San Francisco State University. She received her Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Auburn University in 2019. Before joining SFSU, she served as Assistant Professor of Information and Decision Sciences Department at California State University San Bernardino for 4 years. Despite receiving early tenure and being promoted to the rank of Associate Professor at CSUSB in Summer 2023, Dr. Mohabbati decided to transition to SFSU.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Auburn University, 2019
- Master of Engineering in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Auburn University, 2016
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran, 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, University of Tabriz, Iran, 2010
Operations Research and Machine Learning Interface, Fair and Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Sustainability and Digital Twins.
For more information, refer to her Google Scholar profile.
For more information visit: https://www.nasrin-mohabbati.com/
- Mohabbati, N., Vinel, A., 2022. “A Generalized Risk-averse Stochastic Optimization Framework for Applications with the Heavy-tailed Distribution of Losses”, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 1-14.
- Anahideh, H., Mohabbati, N., 2022. “Local Explanations of Global Rankings: Insights for Competitive Rankings”. IEEE Access, 10, 30676-30693.
- Shayan, N., Mohabbati, N., Alavi, S., Zahed, M.A., 2022. “Sustainable Development Goals as a Framework for Corporate Social Responsibility”. Sustainability, 14(3), 1222.
- Mohabbati, N., Vinel, A., 2021. “Robust Hazardous Materials Closed-Loop Supply Chain Network Design with Emergency Response Teams Location”, Transportation Research Record, 2675(6), 306-329.
- Hu, Q., Cai, M., Mohabbati, N., Mehdizadeh, A., Yazdi, A., Ali, M., Vinel, A., Rigdon, S.E., Davis, K.C., Megahed, F.M., 2020. “A Review of Data Analytic Applications in Road Traffic Safety. Part 2: Prescriptive Modeling”. Sensors, 20(4), 1096.
- Mehdizadeh, A., Cai, M., Hu, Q., Yazdi, A., Ali, M., Mohabbati, N., Vinel, A., Rigdon, S.E., Davis, K.C., Megahed, F.M., 2020. “A Review of Data Analytic Applications in Road Traffic Safety. Part 1: Descriptive and Predictive Modeling”. Sensors, 20(4), 1107.
- Mohabbati, N., Megahed, F., Yazdi, M., Schaefer, S. Y. , Boyd, L. A., Lang, C. E, Lohse, K. R., 2017. “Streamlining Science with Structured Data Archives: Insights from Stroke Rehabilitation”. Scientometrics, 113(2), 969-983.
- Mohabbati, N., Akbaripour, H. and Masehian, E., 2015. “Basic and Hybrid Imperialist Competitive Algorithms for Solving the Non-attacking & Nondominating n-Queens Problems”, Computational Intelligence, Springer, 577, 79-96.
- Masehian, E., Akbaripour, H., Mohabbati, N., 2014. “Solving the n-Queens Problem Using a Tuned Hybrid Imperialist Competitive Algorithm (HICA)”. The International Arab Journal of Information Technology, 11(6), 550-559.
- Masehian E., Akbaripour H., Mohabbati, N., 2013. “Landscape Analysis and Efficient Metaheuristics for Solving the n-Queens Problem”, Computational Optimization & Applications, 55(3), 735-764.
Awards and Honors:
- Received the “Outstanding Research, Scholarly, and Creative Contribution Award”, recognizing her high-impact research contributions, by the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration, California State University San Bernardino, 2022.
- Received "Research and Creative Activity Mentor Award" in recognition of dedication to student’s success for careers in research, teaching, and preparing them to meet the highest professional and ethical standards as scholars, by the Office of Student Research, California State University San Bernardino, 2021.
- Received "Emerging Scholar Award" in recognition of excellence in research, by the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration, California State University San Bernardino, 2021.
- Awarded "Frank Sturm Memorial Fellowship" in recognition of excellence in multidisciplinary research and sustained leadership in service and teaching, Auburn University, 2018.
- Awarded "Dr. Saeed Maghsoodloo Annual Assistantship", for excellence in teaching, research and leadership, by Industrial and Systems Engineering Council, Auburn University, 2018.
- Received "INFORMS Student Chapter Annual Award" as the President, at the level of Summa Cum Laude, by INFORMS, 2018.
- An inductee of Industrial and Systems Engineering honor society, Alpha Pi Mu, since 2018.
- Received "100+ Women Strong Leadership Award" for outstanding service and leadership, Auburn University, 2017.
- Received "INFORMS Student Chapter Annual Award" as the President, at the level of Cum Laude, by INFORMS, 2017.
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research:
- Industry partnership with Stater Bros. Markets ($2.5 Million): Program Coordinator of the Fully Online Bachelor of Arts in Administration Completion Degree Program with three concentrations, also the core team member for developing the program, Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration team, California State University, San Bernardino. 2020-2023.
- Dean’s Teaching Innovation Grant ($20,000): for developing the Master of Science in Business and Data Analytics program, Information and Decision Sciences Department team, California State University, San Bernardino, AY2021-2022.
- Dean’s Teaching Innovation Grant ($20,000): for developing the Data Visualization Analytics Certificate program, Information and Decision Sciences Department team, California State University, San Bernardino, AY2020-2021.
- The JHBC Mini-Grant ($6,100) and industry collaboration with the Inland Empire Association for Supply Chain Management: (PI), “A data-driven approach for redesigning the Southern California Cargo distribution system”; California State University, San Bernardino, 2021.
- Provost Grant ($10,000): (Co-PI), “Closing the Equity Gap in Degree Completion for Underrepresented Minorities”, California State University, San Bernardino, 2021.
- National Science Foundation Grant and industry partnership with J. B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. ($296,206): (Graduate Research Assistant), “GOALI: Collaborative Research: Human Maintenance - A Prognostics Framework to Model Changes in Drivers’ Safety Performance and Optimize Dispatching Policies”, Auburn University, 2018-2019.