1.) Many Opportunities
- Wide variety of careers
- Services our employees provide are truly essential to the people of California
2.) Generous Benefits
- Retirement and savings plans
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to long-term disability and long-term care insurance
- State paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible schedule
3.) Career Development
- On-the-job training and professional development
- Many positions do not require previous experience or a degree
- Advancement opportunities are open to you, and you maintain your benefits if you switch jobs or state departments
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Officer (Supervisor), the Accountant Trainee performs professional accounting work in the establishment and maintenance of accounts and records while receiving training.
- Audits, reviews, processes CalATERS Global Travel Expense Reimbursement (ER) in conformity with the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) rules and regulations, the State Administrative Manual (SAM) pertaining to all travel reimbursements.
- Determine the applicable rules and regulations needed to resolve items claimed for reimbursements.
- Approves travel expense claims after verifying the validity of the claim and ensure that all necessary supporting documentation is provided to DIR Accounting.
- Monitors CalATERS Global hotline and email inbox to ensure claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide dependable customer service to DIR employees who are new to CalATERS and who require assistance when completing expense reports and filing them.
- May coordinate with the Statewide Travel Program staff in matters related to any Concur and CalTravelStore issues.
- Prepare Request for Fund and process the replenishment claim schedule for the Citibank CTA.
- Review and approve travel advance requests.
- Coordinate with the Office Revolving Fund (ORF) unit in the issuance of the travel advance check.
- May need to research and collect outstanding travel advances.
- Assist in the reconciliation of automated accounting transactions in the California Sate Accounting and Reporting System (CALSTARS).
- Assist the Accounting Officer (Supervisor) in processing the excess lodging rate requests (STD 255C) and maintains request log.
- May have on-going contacts with program managers, control agencies, vendors and members of the public.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by the TSU Accounting Officer Supervisor.
1.) To be considered for this position, you are required to take the online Accountant Trainee assessment in the following link, at the bottom of the last page:
2.) Then, submit your application at: