Stanford University, is recruiting a Process Improvement Manager to join their Financial Management Services team.
Financial Management Consulting and Support is expanding its Business Process and Metrics Analysis team with an additional Process Improvement Manager.
The Process Improvement Manager is responsible for understanding, documenting, and ultimately improving Stanford’s financial management business processes. The role requires strong partnering with many levels of the University’s department and academic units (including business owners, champions, process owners, operational staff) to drive process improvement delivery through exemplary process design/improvement/management skills using proven best practice techniques and methodologies (such as lean, six sigma, value stream analysis, and voice of the customer).
The Business Process and Metrics Analysis team provides operations strategy, process improvement, project management and operational intelligence consulting services to the university’s financial administration community. Recent project areas include procurement (accounts payable, expense reimbursements), treasury (cash management), controller’s office (investment accounting, capital accounting, account setup), research administration (post-award processing), university investments (operations, performance/valuation, endowment payout), and university-wide budgeting. Depending on the scope of a given project, this role may work independently or collaborate with the four existing process improvement managers on the team. Such collaboration is highly encouraged across the entire team.
Please note: This position is a two-year fixed term position.
- Lead multiple complex, high-visibility process innovation projects that span multiple central departments and disparate department and academic units
- Take ownership for planning/managing the execution and integration of initiatives and activities on cost management and productivity, which may include members from all disciplines of the organization.
- Assess processes to determine how to reduce rework, improve quality, improve efficiency, increase revenue and/or improve the ability to deliver desired services or outputs.
- Work closely with affected departments and academic units to assess fit/gap of currently implemented enterprise applications to support process innovation solutions, present data to management to influence implementation decisions and facilitate discussions and negotiations that drive consensus on implementing recommendations within a highly complex and cross-functional environments.
- Structure the project approach and determine process improvement tools to be used for maximizing the net improvement in targeted business processes.
- Advise in analysis of operational intelligence metrics by defining and identifying key measures and performance metric targets and assisting in development of complex cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes.
- Provide hands-on team facilitation, coaching, mentoring and/or training, and process improvement subject matter expertise to business partners.
- Develop and execute comprehensive change management strategy relative to project and stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies.
- Challenge current working practices; identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate goal setting using customer feedback, analysis, and other systems.
- Sound working knowledge and experience using and applying process improvement best practices /techniques, lean six sigma and project management skills in a structured project environment.
- Demonstrated experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Ability to work with little or no direction in environments resistant to change or unable to change quickly.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization through written and verbal methods.
- Excellent influence management skills.
- Ability to work across multiple, distributed, siloed, functional groups.
- Strong enterprise-wide vision, seeing the big picture, recognizing critical details and dealing with ambiguity.
- Aptitude for understanding organization operations and culture and the related functional capabilities of implemented enterprise applications (custom and off-the-shelf).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and software applications involving dynamic models and process flows.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate a training session, one on one, or with a group.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field and three or more years of progressively responsible, relevant process improvement experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification with significant related work experience.
- Black belt certification preferred.
- Oracle Financials and eBusiness suite experience in the higher education industry a plus
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on Stanford’s career site, requisition 73109: