Generous benefits package.
Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is a groundbreaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. MAF is a nationwide leader in building and expanding innovative and successful asset-building strategies. Our award-winning social loan models are building pathways out of the financial shadows for low-income individuals across the U.S.A hybrid between a tech start-up and a nonprofit, MAF is a great place to work for either nonprofit or for-profit professionals who are interested in tech for social good.
Located in a vibrant and culturally diverse neighborhood in San Francisco, MAF attracts bright and talented people who are driven to create sustainable, scalable social change. As a nonprofit and tech startup, we attract individuals who like to jump in with both feet and who aren’t afraid of learning how to do better. With an open office environment, collaboration and teamwork is more than just a value - it’s a way of life. Hailing from many different cultural and professional backgrounds, we are drawn together by a passion for embracing technology and creativity to make the world a better place for hardworking families.
In an exciting period of growth, MAF is scaling its programs throughout the nation through a network of partner nonprofits. To make this possible, we have developed a Salesforce-based platform that automates the intake process, loan servicing functions, partner and borrower communications, data management, and finance/back-office procedures. By consolidating and automating many of our key operations, the social loan platform will allow MAF to dramatically increase the efficacy and reach of its programs. The Accounting Specialist, one of two, will oversee and maintain the core of this platform: the engine that allows us to manage the organization’s accounting and financials, initiate ACH transactions, and track data related to our loan and revenue subledgers. This is a great role for a tech-savvy finance wizard who wants to support an organization with a strong social justice mission.
As one of MAF’s Accounting Specialists, you will help oversee and implement the financial and loan servicing infrastructure needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 10 years. You will ensure a smooth operation of the day-to-day financial and loan servicing procedures, making it possible for clients to be served effectively; for staff members to work efficiently; for technology systems to produce accurate information; and for MAF to comply with government and donor requirements. Your day-to-day work will be very hands-on and you’ll find yourself knee-deep in the organization’s key data, supporting the development of the organization’s financial management needs. Part of a small and mighty staff, you will work closely with programs, operations, strategy, development, technology and other teams. Apply for this role if you’re interested in deepening your financial, accounting, and data management expertise in a tech-forward environment, while supporting an organization with a strong social justice mission.
- Monitor several financial systems to ensure compliance with CDFI regulations and internal controls.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations activities. This includes AP, AR, and credit card processing.
- Ensure all revenue and expense transactions are correctly coded, entered and processed in MAF's accounting software (FinancialForce), in accordance to CDFI guidelines.
- Assist with monthly closing, including reconciling loan servicing and operating bank accounts, donor receipts, and month-end close of the books and records.
- Assist with revenue related accounts, including analyzing data, and preparing auditable revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliation.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely financial records in compliance with MAF’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor cash flow (monthly), produce cash flow reports, and analyze discrepancies
- Assist with coordinating audit schedules, and ensure that adequate supporting documentation exists for audit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with funding source requirements.
- Create, maintain, and enforce bookkeeping procedures.
- Ensure that MAF remains in compliance with the most current credit reporting standards.
- Assist monthly review of our loan portfolio with Programs Team.
- Assist with full loan processing cycle, from loan origination until closing, in our cloud-based platform -- including recording payments received, disbursements processed, and checks issued.
- Review and process returned payments, withdrawals/charge-offs, account changes, reimbursements, and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with MAF’s policies and procedures
- Enter data for loan transactions, origination, and restructuring.
- Create, maintain, and enforce data entry procedures.
- Provide ad hoc operational support to the CEO/COO, Finance Manager, and Partner Managers as needed.
- Establish open and systematic protocols for communication with staff and partners.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years working in accounting, including at least one year experience at a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified organization
- Intermediate to advance level Excel skills, with experience managing, maintaining, and reporting on data in complex financial technology systems
- Diligence and aptitude for ongoing, large-scale data entry and data cleaning with ability to maintain near 100% accuracy in data-entry
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM, and FinancialForce application, or aspiration to quickly master these tools
- Comfort working with, understanding, and troubleshooting complex technological systems
- Ability to handle sensitive information in confidential manner
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate with non-technical staff and partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as with cross-functional teams and a multi-cultural workforce
Click the link below to apply: