Daily or weekly depending on your chosen internship
WE ARE: A clean collection of clothing and other textiles for the purpose of eliminating textile waste going to landfill. We ask for one category at a time, asking consumers to share their well-loved but no longer worn clothing with the local market.
WE WILL: repair, embellish, and sell the collection to local consumers and collect for organizations that make a request. Each month, we collect different categories to keep the consumer motivated to bring in a new group of loved items to share.
WE PROMISE: to find as many ways as possible to keep well-loved clothing in local circulation, branding what we collect and sell with the “Wear Movement” logo. Our goal is to find local value and uses for nearly all of our collections and avoid landfill
If You Are Curious, Dedicated and Ambitious The Wear Movement Wants You as an Intern.
Social Media Interns:
- For weekly blog posts on website www.thewearmovement.com
- For Daily Instagram posts #thewearmovement
Pop Up Store Interns:
- To operate the pop up retail shop that is set up and taken down on campus once a week.
- For collecting, weighing, and recording contributions
- For convincing contributors to sign up for more info online
- For sorting what is contributed
- For repairing or embellishing if needed
- For selling consumers’ contributions
- To document pop up store activities via videos & photo stills to be uploaded to social media and website
Public Relation Interns:
- to promote the Wear Movement to government agencies, organizations at the local, state, national, and international levels.