Rising Sun Center for Opportunity (formerly Rising Sun Energy Center) is a premier non-profit organization working at the intersection of economic equality and climate resilience in the greater Bay Area and San Joaquin County. We offer two programs, Climate Careers and Opportunity Build, that provide youth and adults the training and experience necessary to access sustainable career pathways and to maximize their potential.
Climate Careers (formally known as California Youth Energy Services) combines home energysaving services with youth development. Our no-cost residential Green House Call service consists of energy and water audits and efficiency device installations, along with a client educational component. Youth program participants deliver the service to thousands of homes every year. These youth participants, ages 15-24 from disadvantaging circumstances, gain valuable experience, participate in career and sustainability-focused workshops, and earn while they learn. Climate Careers empowers young people to find career success, helps residents lower their utility bills, and strengthens communities in the face of economic and environmental challenges.
The Summer Program Manager (Summer PM) position implements the Climate Careers program in a specific county, or set of counties, in the greater Bay Area while also supporting the overall goals of the Climate Careers program. The Summer PM will work with a co-manager and is jointly responsible for site office administration, youth management, client identification and scheduling, and oversight of service delivery to residential clients. This position calls for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can balance multiple priorities. A successful candidate will equally enjoy administrative tasks, community engagement, and direct supervision and development of youth. The Summer PM reports directly to the Regional Manager and collaborates with the Outreach and Marketing Manager.
• Collaborate to provide on-the-ground supervision of day-to-day operations at a satellite Climate Careers office
• Responsible for successful achievement of all site deliverables
• Directly onboard/train, supervise, and mentor nine to thirteen youth program participants
• Collaborate with Youth Development Specialist to address youth issues/barriers to participation and to deliver programming to further enhance youth experience
• “Phone banking” (approximately 30-50% of time in the summer): setting appointments by phone with community members who expressed interest in the service at prior outreach events
• Coordinate site logistics, including, but not limited to: timesheets, payroll submission, expense reimbursement, and meticulous preparation of and monitoring of all supplies, tools, and materials related to the service
• Provide continuous evaluation and training to program participants to ensure skill development and the highest possible quality of service
• Conduct community outreach to engage with clients and sign them up for the Green House Call service and the Home Energy Analytics Platform
• Handle all customer service-related tasks including re-scheduling, complaints, and customer testimonials
As a Summer Program Manager, you MUST:
• Have a car, valid driver’s license, and motor vehicle insurance
• Be able to pass a motor vehicle record check with a safe driving record
• Be able to pass a criminal background check
• Be able to travel 40% - 60% of the time (locally, and to Bay Area training locations)
• Be able to lift 25 pounds and walk up to half a mile at a time
• Be an effective verbal and written communicator with strong customer service skills
• Be comfortable engaging with the public and adapting a message for diverse audiences
• Be passionate about youth development and/or education, with the compassion and empathy to work with youth from various backgrounds
• Comfortable training and teaching others
• Able to foster a fun, energetic, and goal-oriented environment
• Able to support and supervise youth program participants, assign work effectively, and address performance issues as they arise
• Competent with the Google Suite and comfortable with database and information management
• Highly motivated to develop managerial and professional skills
- Have experience in youth development, education, management, sustainability, and/or community engagement and outreach
- Are bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and/or other languages
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com, and include “Summer Program Manager” in the subject line. We are accepting resumes and hiring on a rolling basis, so we highly encourage you to get your application in as soon as possible.