- Competitive compensation
- Generous Healthcare benefits, paid vacation and company matched 401k Plan
- Opportunities for growth
GEL Technology is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant in our downtown San Francisco office to assist with managing all aspects of IGEL US financials. The Staff Accountant will perform a variety of general accounting tasks and support the Accounting Manager, ensuring various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company’s policies.
To be successful in this role, you must have a Finance or Accounting background and be familiar with Corporate Financial Systems. You will be working with an experienced, motivated team willing to share their knowledge and experience to help expand your skillset and succeed in reaching your goals. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate for this position will perform daily tasks while working closely with our Director of Operations and Finance Team in Germany.
IGEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. We want the best available person in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
• Manage obligations to suppliers, employees and third-party vendors.
• Maintain SAP accounting system.
• Perform extensive reviews of the externally prepared accounts and resolve discrepancies as they arise.
• Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets.
• Office Management needs; ordering supplies, shipping and receiving, assist with inventory tracking.
• Processing expense reports.
• Assist with monthly close.
• Verify, allocate and enter invoices.
• Responsible for incoming mail (checks).
• Track and deliver various Metrics and KPI’s as developed and required by Operations Director and Accounting Manager.
• Assist with providing consolidated analytical review of actuals and forecasts with meaningful insight / information on trends in the business on monthly/quarterly basis.
• Various ad-hoc financial analyses.
• Responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
• 2+ years of relevant accounting experience.
• Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills including proficiency in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of Accounts Payables/Receivables.
• Knowledge of Income and Sales Tax.
• Proven work experience as a Staff Accountant or similar role.
• Hands-on experience with accounting software i.e. SAP.
• Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
• Skilled working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
• Ability to handle high volume of transactions.
• This is not a remote opportunity, and you will be required to be in office Monday through Friday.
• Experience working under strict deadlines and ensuring compliance with company policies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership.
• Must be a fast learner, multi-tasker and responsible. A strong desire to learn and a “can do” attitude is needed.
• Positive work ethic.
• Ability to communicate with accounting/finance colleagues within IGEL Group (Germany)
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Ability to take effective notes.
• Ability to multitask effectively and work under pressure in an organized manner.
You must meet all the required qualifications.