August 19, 2019-June 2, 2020
Earn Money and Adoration!
Inspire a New Generation of Scientists at Jose Ortega Elementary
Jose Ortega Elementary School (JOES) is a San Francisco Unified Public School offering Mandarin-immersion and general education classes for K-5th grade. We pride ourselves on our whole-child approach to teaching and our strong sense of community. Our teachers are a supportive group of dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to their craft.
We are currently seeking a third science consultant to work with our teachers and our existing science consultants in implementing the Amplify science curriculum across all grades and programs. We LOVE science at JOES!
We are looking for an enthusiastic science-lover to assist our classroom teachers during science lessons. We utilize the newly developed Amplify science curriculum consisting of experiments exploring the physical, biological, and Earth science fields. A successful candidate will have a love for children and all things science-related.
• Work with 6 teachers to determine lesson schedule using Amplify curriculum.
• Prepare materials for each experiment
• Assist classroom teachers during experimental lessons
• Work with students in small groups. Guide their work with questioning and check for understanding.
• Convey enthusiasm for content and intellectual inquiry
• Emphasize critical thinking and problem solving
• Collaborate with teachers to enrich curriculum and instruction
• Integrate appropriate technology to enhance learning
• Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
• Support the well-being of all students
• Exhibit excellent punctuality and attendance
• Bachelor's degree in a science field
• Excellent communication skills with students and adults
• Possess the belief that all students can achieve success
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Flexible and energetic
• Possess the desire and ability to work in close collaboration with a team of teachers
• Successful teaching experience a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email (preferred) to the reply to email address.