October 3 - December 13, 2019
The San Francisco brand is among the most compelling and intriguing brands in the world. And for more than 100 years, the San Francisco Travel Association has marketed San Francisco and the Bay Area as the premier destination for conventions, meetings, events and leisure travel. We are also a 1,500+ member organization, with deep relationships throughout San Francisco’s visitor industry and beyond, and we are constantly on the lookout for great undergraduate students who can build mutually beneficial relationships via use of innovative communications, programs, events, or any other tools, assets, and channels.
San Francisco Travel supports the hospitality and marketing programs of San Francisco Bay Area Colleges and Universities undergraduate programs in order to help students achieve their goals of graduation, through the resources of our established 501(c)3 Non-Profit, the San Francisco Travel Foundation.
San Francisco Travel seeks qualified Bay Area college and university students for a part-time (20-flexible hours per week), fall-spring internship opportunities. The internships are not paid positions, but student interns will receive a $575 stipend when they have successfully completed their internship. Our interns gain valuable practical experience in their field while forging important connections in the industry.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Marketing and Communications team with increasing awareness and driving conversions.
- Create original editorial and video content for San Francisco Travel channels.
- Research trends and provide new content suggestions. Optimize content for increase goal performance.
Paid Search Marketing
- Keyword research: research and recommend relevant keywords to add and suppress for increased exposure.
- Competitor Research: research and analyze keyword queries for which competitors are running paid search ads.
- Auditing: review landing pages and make recommendations and adjustments to landing pages to increase conversions. Review ad groups with too many keyword or keywords with poor quality score.
- Testing: research and experiment new advertising tactics.
- Reporting: prepare and report on data to help provide insights for ad optimization.
Social Media Marketing
- Source rights to user-generated photos. Upload and tag photos into the image library.
- Create image galleries and identify gallery placements across the website.
- Identify trends and insights, performance based on social media analytics.
- Assist video shoots and story creation. Brainstorm ideas for social content, including SFFAQ Instagram story segments.
Website Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Review website data identify new trends and opportunities for increasing goal completions.
- Monitor and fix broken links, misspellings and other SEO-improving tasks.
- Develop networking skills with SF Travel partners by attending partner functions and participating in site visits.
- Assist with various on-going projects.
- Must be highly organized with an ability to gather data, input and sort data.
- Ability to think strategically, set short, mid and long-range goals, implement plans, project manage and perform analysis and make recommendations to key staff.
- Experience writing copy.
- Working knowledge of electronic/web environment.
- Must have superior computer skills. Specifically (on PC and/or Mac): CMS, web analytic tools (optional), Word, Excel, Internet and PowerPoint.
- International language skills.
If you think you are the right undergraduate student for an internship, please provide us with the following:
1. Cover letter (no more than a page, telling us why you’re the right person for this role). This is a very important step in the application process, so please take time to answer thoughtfully and thoroughly.
2. Resume of your relevant experience, major and/or minor program of study, and Bay Area School, along with expected graduation.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be available for a one-time all day required Orientation on Thursday, Oct 3, 2019.
Send to: email@example.com (with “SF Travel Internship” in the subject line)
To learn more about us, check out our website – www.sftravel.com