As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose & Objectives – Mission & Vision Of the Line of Business
Platform marketing plays a key role in the development and amplification of customer success stories. As the disruption of the “Yelpification” for enterprise software grows, we must ensure we are engaging with these vendors as they are becoming a trusted means for customers to both provide, and research, software reviews.
Research from Google demonstrates that 60% percent of B2B technology buyers read product reviews before making a purchase. This indicates that what buyers want most is to interact with a community of like-minded professionals through product reviews and peer discussions. Yelp-like communities for enterprise software are approaching mainstream, becoming the disruptor of traditional customer reference approaches.
Expectations & Tasks – Deliverables
- This internship is focused on a strategic initiative to drive a project at the forefront of a market disruption for customer reviews. This individual will work across teams and functions to manage a pilot project that will include engagement with 2-3 vendors of peer-2-peer (P2P) crowd sourced review sites and a select # of platform marketing products which could encompass analytics, HANA or cloud or others.
- Define and implement a strategy for the presence of SAP products on P2P review sites, that encompasses competitive analysis, demand generation, events, product reviews, production information, project/data analysis, and more.
- Centrally manage the roll-out with multiple stakeholders
- Develop standards and best practices based on pilot project results, to be used to expand the scope of participation
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly with a flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
- Project and/or program management experience; demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables
- Strong communication, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bring projects to successful completion
Education, Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to gather knowledge on a new subject matter from multiples sources, working directly with vendors and SAP product groups
- Ability to communicate complex ideas
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to formulate new ideas and think outside the box
- Results oriented
- Strong planning, coordination, and execution skills