Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, Retirement Matching, Profit Sharing
In business since 1928, Atthowe is a company exclusively dedicated to the handling of fine art. We provide temperature and humidity controlled art storage solutions, air and ground transportation support as well as crating, mounting and installation services. Our company has changed and grown over time, but always with the same focus of providing outstanding, quality service in a friendly and caring environment. We pride ourselves on our decades of outstanding service and our art-loving, hard-working, dedicated team. We cherish our long history but we also value our forward thinking, innovative practices.
We are excited to hire our first Head of People who will play a major role in supporting our employees and maintaining a positive company culture. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and who has the skills and experience to develop and lead change in our organization.
You are a great fit for this role if:
You love art!
• Art is our business. You appreciate fine art and have an open mind regarding, and a curiosity about, the great wondrous world of modern art
• You have an appreciation for the unique and passionate people found in the art world
You love working with people and helping others
• You truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people
• You value the ability to create a positive and supportive work environment for employees
• You are a compassionate and supportive resource for employees in difficult times
• You implement programs that help employees prevent injuries, stay healthy and create a safe work environment
• You are able to handle difficult employment related concerns calmly, respectfully, and ethically
• You proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues - including resolving difficult interpersonal and employee retention issues
• You love building teams
• You recruit, hire and onboard new, talented employees who are a great fit for our company
• You support existing and first-time managers with training feedback and coaching techniques
• You ensure that Atthowe employees have the resources, training, and support to excel at their jobs
You love learning and are proud of your extensive HR knowledge
• You stay up to speed on the latest HR laws, requirements and systems
• You have a firm foundation in HR best practices and industry standards
• You have extensive experience managing HR compliance including workers compensation, health insurance, benefits, health and safety, and job-specific training (ie • TSA compliance and job related certifications)
• You have a deep understanding of compensation structures and are excited to work with our executive council to evaluate our existing salary structure, make recommendations, and to streamline and professionalize our systems
• You can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical HR - related duties for the company
You love developing and managing processes and procedures
• You are able to launch then manage a new performance management system which includes job descriptions, performance reviews, feedback, and coaching.
• You have a passion for creating systems and structures that bring order to chaos
• You have strong project management skills - you enjoy the nitty gritty details and are organized and execution focused
You love technology
• You are adept at using HR databases, payroll services and other software systems
• You stay abreast of new HR related technology and seek to implement systems that can improve time and cost efficiency
You are familiar with construction, transportation, warehousing industries. Experience with art handling standards a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us about your experience in people management and your interest in art.