The Office of Career Services & Leadership Development (CSLD) assists students in developing, evaluating, and/or implementing self-directed career, education, and employment decisions and plans. CSLD collaborates with employers, recruiters, faculty/staff, and student organizations to assist in the search process for part-time student employment, internship programs, and full-time professional employment. In addition, Student Assistants are expected to promote an atmosphere of professionalism and to be courteous and helpful to those who use our services.
- Develop concepts, graphics, and layouts for newsletters , brochures, promotional emails, flyers, posters, bookmarks, t-shirts, digital images for display screens and web content, etc.
- Prepare rough drafts, review final layouts, and suggest improvements
- Ensure deadlines are met and materials are printed to best quality
- Design and prepare all marketing materials for the department and work closely with student assistant team
- Provide administrative support in operations, development and logistical planning for CSLD events, workshops, programs and services
- Assist with CSLD marketing efforts through distributing fliers/posters around campus, tabling in Malcolm X Plaza, posting to social media accounts and updating online calendar/online employment database account
- Answering phone: taking clear, concise messages and delivering them promptly to the appropriate staff
- Greet and provide assistance to office visitors. For students: answer FAQs; assist them with the computers in the Career Computer Lab; inform them of career resources (i.e., CSLD website, online employment database, Job Binders, books, etc.). For employers: assist them with simple requests, such as managing sign-in sheets or providing water, and refer complex ones to a staff member
- Respond to emails in a timely manner or forward to appropriate staff
- Perform light cleaning and maintenance of the front office and interview rooms. Assure that resources, the desk area, and the office are clean, easy to use and in proper order
- Other duties as assigned – may assist other areas of CSLD in various tasks (i.e., photocopying; typing documents and forms; preparing information/promotional packets; staffing tables to promote CSLD; delivering and picking up of documents and packages between our office and other offices on campus, etc.)
- At least one year’s experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Proven creative skills
- Must possess a proper design portfolio
- An understanding of UI and UX design preferred
- An ability to conceptualize creative assets based on written content
- Attention to detail
- Good academic standing
- Submit a resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples, or link to their previous works
- Preferred start date: ASAP, plus winter break/session availability.