Tuesday, February 5, 2019
U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
Type of Position:
SF,CA or other states
Days/Hours per Week:
- Orientation Session, an engaging orientation designed to provide information on program components, requirements, roles and responsibilities, and other essential information
- Networking with and learning from each other and current employees
- Technical training
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for full-time employment after graduation
- Career-ladder position that offers rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions for the first 4 years (full performance level at a GS-12)
In addition, you will receive a wide array of benefits, including:
- Multiple health insurance plans & life insurance
- Vacation, sick leave & 10 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules & telework opportunities
- A monthly transit subsidy
- An outstanding retirement plan
Are you interested in an internship at GSA? Are you currently a junior graduating in May or June of 2020? Want to make an impact while enjoying meaningful work assignments, fantastic benefits, and enriching career development opportunities, all while getting paid? Join our team at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and find out why we’re one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government! Positions will be filled in our headquarters in Washington, DC, and throughout our eleven regional offices located across the country; Atlanta, GA, Auburn, WA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City, MO, Lakewood, CO, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC.
GSA’s core mission is to help federal agencies buy smarter, reduce their real estate footprint, provide efficient, cost saving technology and create a better, faster federal government. We leverage the tremendous buying power of the federal government to acquire best value for taxpayers and our federal customers. Our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, which makes us a great place to start, build, and expand your career!
We employ nearly 12,000 employees nationwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, we have eleven regional offices located across the country; Atlanta, GA, Auburn, WA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City, MO, Lakewood, CO, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC.
We are currently recruiting for the following internship experience within our Federal Acquisition Service (a component of GSA that focuses on procuring goods & services for the federal government):
- General Business Trainee: The General Business Trainee (1199 Series) is part of the Pathways Internship Program.
If you become an intern, you will be expected to help with a range of tasks and will be afforded the opportunity to learn the scope and foundation of GSA/FAS acquisition responsibilities, assisting contract specialists and management with day-to-day operations. Assignments are made with the objective of challenging your abilities and initiative, and to provide opportunities to display self-motivation. The ultimate goal is to give you a good overview of the organization and set you up for success if you are offered a permanent position after graduation.
Talented, motivated students who are looking to build their career at GSA, and who:
- Are currently juniors who have one full academic year remaining after June 2019
- Have completed at least 2 full academic years (or associate degree) by June 30, 2019
- Will be completing a bachelor’s degree between May - July 2020
- Are able to work full-time from Monday, May 27, 2019 through Friday, August 16, 2019
- Will commit to working part-time during the school year, for an additional 200 hours before graduating in May/June 2020
- Are U.S. Citizens (As a federal agency, all of our employees must be U.S. Citizens)
How to Apply:
Submit a resume using the link (https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2257928?ref=web-app-job-search&search...) You will then be invited to a virtual information session, where we will discuss what it is like to work at GSA, and how to formally apply to this opportunity.
The United States General Services Administration (GSA) is a Federal Government Agency.