This is a great opportunity to contribute to a large-scale organization change project while being exposed to a wide variety of the nuts-and-bolts of running of a nonprofit organization.
Are you looking for a job that aligns with your fierce commitment to social justice? If so, we invite you to join our team at Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area (“LCCR”), where we advance, protect and promote the legal rights of communities of color, low-income people, immigrants and refugees in the Bay Area and California through direct legal services, impact litigation, and advocacy.
LCCR advances the rights of immigrants, refugees, and communities of color, with a specific focus on low-income communities and a long-standing commitment to African Americans. We are a multifaceted organization combining direct legal services, policy advocacy, communications and impact litigation strategies.
We are seeking a part-time, short-term assistant to provide support to the new Chief Operating Officer and help with our modernization project! If you are passionate about justice, eager to learn how a successful progressive non-profit works, and ready to become an integral part of an administrative team, we would love to talk with you. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a large-scale organization change project while being exposed to a wide variety of the nuts-and-bolts of running of a nonprofit organization.
This position is located onsite in downtown San Francisco in our office right on the beautiful Embarcadero, near Embarcadero BART, the Ferry Building, and the Salesforce Transit Center. Flexible days and hours (during Mon-Fri between 8am and 6pm.)
You will be an essential part of the team to help LCCR modernize and make a number of financial, HR and operations processes more efficient. You will:
- Research and help implement technology solutions for expense reimbursement (such as Expensify), paid time off tracking, bookkeeping, invoicing and making and receiving payments (such as Bill.com, VenMo, PayPal, etc.)
- Provide administrative assistance on finance, operations and HR tasks, as well as on some finance elements of foundation and government grant proposals and reporting
- Is tech savvy, diligent, superb attention to detail, great work ethic, able to drive projects forward and enjoys working collaboratively
- Has strong customer service orientation: excited to support public interest lawyers and other staff on the front lines of immigrant justice and racial equality
- Has strong aptitude for numbers and facility with spreadsheets, particularly Excel
- At least two years relevant working experience or equivalent
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a résumé by email to email@example.com (with “Finance/Operations Assistant” in the subject line). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and position is open until filled.
In your cover letter, please respond to the following prompt, or we may choose not to consider your application:
LCCR serves highly diverse communities. To ensure that we are best positioned to serve these communities, we strive to promote behaviors, attitudes and policies that help us work effectively in cross-cultural situations with our clients, our coworkers, and our communities. We seek to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How have your background or experiences, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural competency and racial equity? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.
Questions regarding this position may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.