This position is a great opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience in various facets of digital marketing.
From June 11, 2018 to August 10, 2018 with the strong possibility of extending until December 17, 2018
The College of Business at San Francisco State University is seeking a self-motivated Digital Marketing Intern to join our team and support our marketing efforts.
You’ll be involved in implementing various marketing campaigns across digital marketing channels to promote the College of Business (CoB) programs and events to help drive enrollment growth, event registration, student and alumni engagement, and to contribute to increasing our brand’s visibility in the marketplace.
• Write, design, proofread, edit and test email blasts, announcements and e-newsletters using HTML code in Pardot and Salesforce.
• Write and edit SEO content, stories, marketing and advertising copy, and event information for the website, Eventbrite, other third-party websites, the CoB Annual Report, and other printed materials.
• Write promotional and news posts, and manage social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
• Assist with managing Google AdWords campaigns (paid search engine marketing).
• Develop and maintain a monthly dashboard report to monitor digital marketing KPIs.
• Assist with event planning and coordination.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree or is working toward a degree with a concentration in either marketing, communications, business, information systems, or related fields.
• GPA 2.75 or higher
• At least one year of experience using social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
• Able to multitask under tight deadlines.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Able to respond to inquiries promptly and to execute project tasks quickly, with minimal direction.
• Effective and positive verbal communication skills.
• Strong, clear, concise, and creative writing and editing skills, with excellent grammar, a high degree of accuracy, and able to write good marketing copy.
• Interest in and aptitude for quickly learning new software and digital marketing tools.
• A positive, can-do attitude.
• A team player who enjoys collaborating with others.
• Flexible and easily adapts to changes in priorities and direction.
• Some coding knowledge or experience using HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.
• Some experience using an email marketing platform, such as Pardot.
• Some experience using a CRM database, such as Salesforce.
• Some experience using a website content management system, such as Drupal.
• Some experience in SEO and SEM.
Applicants must send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples via email to Sandra Henao, Executive Director of Business Development and Marketing, San Francisco State University College of Business, at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org