- Health insurance, 401K, paid sick and vacation time off
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Hours: Monday-Friday, full-time with some flexibility
- Benefits: Health insurance, 401K, paid sick and vacation time off
Renowned, family-run Berkeley restaurant and deli (40+ employees) is looking for an experienced, self-motivated business manager with strong bookkeeping skills to handle all accounting and human resources responsibilities. This role will report directly to the restaurant owners and represents the opportunity to have a major impact across multiple functions at a fast-paced, Berkeley community institution.
Daily tasks include preparing bank deposits, journal entries, entering payables, and paying bills. You will also input all payroll data in Paychex Payroll system and reconcile monthly bank statements, produce monthly and yearly profit and loss reports, and assist an external accountant with the fiscal year-end and paying all required taxes.
- Human Resources
You will own all aspects of company payroll, benefits and insurance systems and will respond to all employee inquiries, on-board all new employees, and manage insurance vendors (general liability, workers compensation and health insurance).
You will also own various administrative duties, such as filing, maintaining, and reordering office supplies and equipment, and be in charge of internal and external communications.
- Restaurant Duties
You will closely support restaurant managers and staff, helping make change for the cash register and printing display signs.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Proficiency in MultiLedger (or a similar program), Microsoft Excel, Word, and payroll tools.
- Driver's license required
- Familiarity with Wordpress a plus
- Spanish language a plus
Please send your CV to bettesdinerHR@gmail.com
If you have any questions about the position, you can call us at (510) 644-3932