Student Assistant position
Australian Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program
• Employment Duration: January 2, 2019-January 30, 2019
• Some hours scheduled and some hours on an on-call basis
• Approx. 10 - 40 hours work total
• Up to two SF State students may be selected
In January, College of Extended Learning will welcome 10 Australian undergraduate students coming to SF State for a 3-week custom program on entrepreneurship and innovation. During this program they will study and explore emerging trends in entrepreneurship and visit local startups and tech companies and interact with local business professionals. They will generate business ideas, write a business plan and pitch their ideas to the panel. We are looking for one to two SF State student assistants to provide support for this exciting program
The Graduate or Undergraduate Student Assistant will be responsible for:
• Helping students get oriented to SF geography, transportation, society and culture
• Explaining resourceful information about social opportunities and relevant cultural events (business & technology networking, art, music, sports, etc.)
• Leading students on some local tours/activities/company visits
• Accompanying students on public transportation if needed
• Assisting with basic research and information gathering related to planning and logistics
• Supporting instructor and /or staff members to organize workshops and activities
• Assisting with classroom setup, computer, and projector setup and handout distribution
• Providing administrative help including preparing documents (print, copy, scan, etc.)
• Student in good standing with the university and possessing a 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to confidently discuss general business and entrepreneurship topics
• Outgoing and confident in interacting with and leading groups of students during off-campus activities.
• Able to work independently with minimize supervision.
• Ability to learn and perform assigned work; follow oral instructions; work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and other students; communicate effectively with all levels
• Able to follow instructions with strong attention to details
• MS Outlook, Word, Excel skills a must, (PowerPoint a plus!)
• Students with multicultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply
• Students with awareness of Australian culture are encouraged to apply
• Students with business and entrepreneurship employment experience are encouraged to apply.
• For international applicants, full time enrollment required during period of employment.
Please email your resume to email@example.com