Remainder of School Year
The After School Program Leader reports to the Middle School Director and Director of Administration and is responsible for quality supervision that enriches the students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically. This person will maintain a safe and educational environment for children 5th through 8th grade. He or she will promote teamwork, communication and will embody the IB Learner Profile and the values and mission of La Scuola.
The position hours are Monday through Friday from 3:00pm-6:15pm, with a 2:30pm start-time on Tuesdays only.
Pay will depend on experience. This position also has the opportunity for career growth in the field of education.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Effectively manage and redirect any inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior.
- Communicate with staff, parents and teachers on discipline issues, if they should arise.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the Middle School Director and Director of Administration
- Experience working with children
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
- High level of enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Problem solving, creativity and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to respond to incidents and emergency situations quickly and calmly
- LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid first aid and CPR certificate issued by the Red Cross within six months of employment
- Valid Driver’s License, Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance, Physical and TB Clearance.
- Mandated child abuse reporting online training within two weeks of employment
- Sexual Harassment online training course completion
- Interest and willingness to share passions for cooking, music, sport or other recreational activities
- Fluency in another language (Italian or any other!)