EMSL Offers full time benefits: medical, dental, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, flexible spending account.
EMSL Analytical, Inc. is seeking a Part Time Administrative Assistant for its Laboratory located in San Leandro, CA location. This is a support position to the entire laboratory, including the manager and analysts.
As the nation's leading environmental testing firm, EMSL's network of nationwide laboratories has been providing quality analytical services since 1981. We offer a wide array of analytical testing services to support environmental investigations focused on asbestos, microbiology, lead paint, environmental chemistry, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene and food testing. Additionally, we also provide materials testing, characterization, and forensic laboratory services for a wide range of commercial, industrial, regulatory, and law enforcement clients.
- Receive environmental samples and log-in/data entry Chain of Custody into LIMS system and shipping and handling- will train
- Mail reports and invoices and distribute samples to analysts
- Review paperwork for all incoming samples to ensure completeness and correctness
- Inspect samples to ensure sample integrity is retained and that the packaging is not compromised
- Make sure all samples are placed in the proper storage area to await analysis
- Generate analytical reports
- Reports are generated in the priority in which the department managers and/or office manager assigns them
- Ensure that the final report is prepared within the required time frames and that the results are reported to the client in a timely manner
- Assist with customer services client questions via phone and e-mail
- Clerical duties such as answering phones, filing, faxing, assisting clients, scanning, mailing, etc. as necessary
- Answer high volume phone calls and interface with clients
- HS Degree or equivalent
- Excellent Customer Service Skills- Customer Service Experience is a plus
- Science Background is a plus : science education background or laboratory experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office especially EXCEL and typing
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Must be able to type min 35 WPM
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Excellent customer service skills – customer service experience is a plus
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Must be able to prioritize work assignments
- Must be able to stand and sit for various lengths of time
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. May be required to work weekends and/or extra hours to meet business demands.
- Training will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
For consideration, all candidates must apply through our company website:
EMSL Careers Center Website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EMSL&cws=1&rid=2372
Mobile Careers Center Website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=EMSL&cws=40&rid=2372