Our company offers a generous 401K, profit sharing, and PTO plans for all employees who qualify. We work 9 hours Monday through Thursday, and 4 hours every Friday.
As a studio of 40 designers and architects, we are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, curious disposition, with an honest focus on the 'team'. We succeed together and learn from mistakes together. You get to work with a successful, light-hearted, quirky, crew. You'll be well supported by the Director of Operations and Controller, so feel free to ask questions, recommend good ideas, and -- very importantly -- enjoy the work (seriously...).
Duties include but aren't limited to:
1. Accounts Payable -- the cornerstone of our reputation with vendors and friends of the firm.
2. Credit -- is this credit card reconciliation process better than others? You can recommend whatever process you feel is better / superior and run with it.
3. Project Management -- protect our Project Managers and Owners by taking contracts and work authorizations, and turning them into chargeable job numbers. Does the contract fee amount make sense? If this was your project, does it look like it's in good financial health?
4. Monthly Financial close -- for quick learners, close the accounting month. Work with our Controller to put together a solid month-end PPT deck summarizing the events over the past 30 days, post journal entries to our G/L, etc.
Required qualifications include:
1. Basic accounting acumen. For example, what is a debit and a credit.
2. Working knowledge of Excel, including Sumifs, and vlookup formulas. Do you know PivotTables? Ok, that's a start...
Preferred qualifications are:
1. prior working knowledge of the Deltek Vision accounting system (again, this is only a preferred skill, not required).
2. Ability to create and/or audit basic Financial Statements. You can help the controller finalize our month-end financial close process. For example, what is the difference between an accrual balance sheet and an accrual income statement?
If you're interested, there are a couple ways to apply:
1. Copy and paste this link into a new email:
email@example.com?Subject="Accounting Intern Position"
2. Call the office @ (415) 230-7000 and our receptionist will guide you the correct person.
Good luck and we're excited to meet you!