The SF State VITA program, sponsored by the accounting student organization members of Beta Alpha Psi- Beta Chi Chapter, offers FREE tax preparation services to individuals with low incomes who cannot afford the services of a paid professional tax preparer and to the elderly, those with limited English proficiency and individuals with disabilities who require assistance in preparing their tax returns.
If your 2019 household income is less than $56,000, you can get FREE tax help! IRS-certified tax preparers will help you get the refund you deserve!
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
Science Building, Room 205
- February 4th, 2020 through April 15th, 2020
- Sunday & Monday - Closed
- Tuesday- Friday: Noon–6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Closed during Spring Break (Mar 23rd–Mar 28th, 2020)
What to Bring With You
We provide tax services to both U.S. residents and international students who have either F-1 or J-1 visas. Since this is a free service and sponsored by the IRS to assist those with low-income levels, the overall income limitation to qualify for this service is $56,000.
- Taxpayers should bring their photo ID (and passport for International Students), social security card (Truncated social security number is accepted) or ITIN, W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2019, 1099s, 1098s, and a voided check or bank account and routing number if you prefer to have refunds directly deposited by the taxing authorities.
- Please bring your 2018 tax return if you filed one as well.
- Childcare provider information (if any)
- Landlord’s name, address, and phone number (if any) for California renter’s credit
- Visit us online at http://userwww.sfsu.edu/bap/vita.html
- Call us at (415) 338-1079
- Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SF State VITA Program
The SFSU VITA program is a free tax preparation program sponsored by the IRS and the SFSU Beta Alpha Psi - Beta Chi Chapter, an international honor society for business majors. We are open to the public starting February 4th, 2020, and continue through April 15th, 2020. Our hours of operation are from 12:00 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, and from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Our office is located in Science 205. You can reach us at (415) 338-1079 or at email@example.com to obtain more information. You may also check our website at http://userwww.sfsu.edu/bap/vita.html. We also offer our services in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and more.