The purpose of this certificate is to train cybersecurity managers and business professionals with the business application and skills required in the cybersecurity domain. Both current SFSU MBA students and working professionals of for-profit and non-profit businesses who wish to expand their knowledge or begin a career in the Cybersecurity can take enroll in this 9-unit certificate program.
Mentoring and advising about career prospects and skills are integrated into the program. As a part of the program, students will have access to the Career Services & Professional Development Center, which will help students find the most appropriate position for their interests and skillset. The students can pursue a wide range of positions and career opportunities after completion, including:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Security Architect
- IT Security Engineer
- Security Systems Administrator
- IT Security Consultant
This certificate is available to individuals who have a 4-year bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA and a basic knowledge of Information Systems provided by San Francisco State’s ISYS 363 or BUS 782 course (or equivalent). Interested persons need to complete and submit an online application.
To be admitted to the certificate, students must have completed a baccalaureate degree and be admitted as a graduate student at the university. All coursework required for the certificate must be completed with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and only courses completed with grades of C or better may be included to meet the certificate requirements.
The certificate is also available to the current MBA/MSBA/MSA students who has completed the required courses. To receive the certificate may apply online and pay the certificate approved program fee (this may be done online) and submit the completed certificate application form to Christopher Kingston by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in applying to the Certificate program should contact the Graduate Business Programs Office, email@example.com or call 415-817-4300. Non-matriculated students will be taking the courses through the College of Extended Learning.
Required Courses *
- ISYS 814 Information Systems for Strategic Advantage (3 units)
- ISYS 865 Seminar in Managing Enterprise Networks (3 units)
- ISYS 875 Seminar in IT Security Management (3 units)
* Students must demonstrate writing competency at the graduate level. This requirement will be achieved through individual and group writing projects in the courses. Individual writing assignments will be based on business case analyses from established publishers such as Harvard Business Press and Ivey Business Press. Group writing projects will require collaboration among team members.