Sanjit Sengupta joined the Lam Family College of Business in 1996. Former chair of the Marketing Department, Sanjit now oversees implementation of current graduate programs and development of curricular innovations. Before coming to San Francisco State, Sanjit taught at the University of Maryland, College Park. His research and teaching interests include marketing strategy, product innovation, and high-technology products and services. In the early 80s, Sanjit worked in marketing in the nascent personal computer industry in India.
- Ph.D. (1990), University of California, Berkeley
- New product development and technological innovation
- Strategic alliances
- Sales management
- International marketing
- AA in Liberal Study (1985), College of San Mateo
- B.S. in International Business (1992), San Francisco State University
- MBA (1994), San Francisco State University
- BA in Finance, Michigan State University
- MBA, San Francisco State University
- MIB in International Business, Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis
- M.A. in Philosophy, San Francisco State University
Judi E. Strebel joined us in fall 2000 as an assistant professor. She had taught for three years at the University of Arizona after receiving her Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley. She teaches marketing and marketing research, which complement her research in marketing models and purchase behavior in high tech industries.
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
Mahmood Hussain joined San Francisco State University in fall 2002. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000.
His background includes professional experience in marketing research and an M.B.A. degree. He also taught at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder prior to joining SF State.
His current teaching interests are marketing management and strategy, marketing research, consumer behavior, and international marketing.
- M.B.A. (1990), Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka
- M.A. (1994), University of Hawaii at Manoa
- M.A. (1996), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Ph.D. (2000), University of Colorado at Boulder
- Marketing Decision Support Systems
- Online Consumer Behavior
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing in Developing Countries
- Marketing Innovations
- Dean's Intellectual Contribution Fund, CoB, SFSU (2003)
- Vice President's Assigned Time, SFSU (2003)
- Eric Bovet Fellowship for Outstanding Research, UC Boulder (2000)
- University Fellowship Award for outstanding academic qualifications (1994 and 1996)
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship (1992-94)
- Vice Presidents's Affirmative Action Award, SFSU (2004)
- Business and International Education Program Grant, USDOE, 2005-2007 (April 2005)
- Atlantic Marketing Association
- Amarican Marketing Association