The College of Business Mission Comes Alive Video Contest
Create a short video that brings the College of Business Mission Statement to life
Show us what makes the College of Business unique to you, how our mission comes alive in all that you do.
Be honest. Be inspired. Don’t be shy!
Grab a video camera, cell phone, Gopro—whatever you’ve got!—and be creative with your 60-second video.
The Mission Statement
The mission of the College of Business at San Francisco State University is to provide high quality business education to a diverse learning community through innovative teaching, research, and service.
You could win big!
- First place: $300
- Second place: $200
- Third place: $100
- People's Choice: $100
Awards are announced at a location to be determined, 3 p.m., Friday, April 18, 2014.
The deadline to enter is Monday, April 7, 2014.
Who Can Enter?
Each video entry must be produced by students, staff, faculty, or alumni affiliated with SF State's College of Business.
Contest Rules & Guidelines
Use any recording device such as a mobile device, video or digital camera.
- Video must be rated G or PG.
- Video must be no more than 60 seconds (yes, it can be less than 60 seconds!)
- We encourage you to use original or copyright-free music. There are websites where you can download copyright-free music. Alternatively, there are many online resources for free, legal, music.
- An SF State release form (pdf) must be completed by anyone that appears in your video.
Videos are judged by a panel of industry insiders and college faculty and staff. Points are awarded based on the overall quality, creativity, strength of the message presented, quality of videography and editing, musical accompaniment (if any), and special effects (if any).
- quality of content
- accuracy of demonstrating mission fulfillment
- videos eligible for the People’s Choice category are voted on at the event screening
Submission Format and How to Enter
- Save your movie in .mpeg, .mov, .mp4 or .avi format
- Burn your movie to a CD/DVD.
- Label the CD/DVD with your name, phone, and email. Use a permanent marker.
- Print out and sign the SF State release form (pdf)
- Package up your CD/DVD and the form and deliver to the College of Business Dean’s Office, BUS 321, Attn: The Mission Comes Alive Video Contest. If office is not open, you may drop it into the Drop Box located outside the office.
First, second and third place prizes are awarded in the amounts of $300, $200, $100 respectively. The People’s Choice prize of $100 is voted on and announced at the event screening. Eligible videos are posted on the College of Business YouTube Channel and linked to the College of Business Facebook page no later than Wednesday, April 9, 2014.
People’s Choice Award
A vote is held at the event screening, held April 18, 2014, at 3 p.m., to determine this award. The winner can also win one of the three other prizes, meaning entrants can win a maximum of $400.
Feel free to contact Aaron Andersion, director of strategic organizational initiatives, at email@example.com if you have questions.
Get Acrobat Reader to view pdf files