Ryan left the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) where he has been for the last 6 years. While at PolyU he taught seven different subjects at the Bachelor or Higher Diploma Level and one marketing subject at the Master Level over his time there. In addition, he serves or served in various administrative roles such as Restaurant Manager, academic advisor, student club advisor, and health and safety board member. Ryan obtained a Doctorate in Hotel and Tourism Management at PolyU with his thesis centered on hotel-restaurant co-branding.
Hospitality and Tourism Management
- B.A. in Child Development (2005), San Francisco State University
- Ph.D. (2003), Purdue University
- B.B.A. with an emphasis in Marketing and Hospitality Retail Management (2009), Eastern New Mexico University
- M.S. in Hospitality and Retail Management (2010), Texas Tech University
- Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration (2013), Texas Tech University
- College of Human Sciences Outstanding Graduate Student, Texas Tech University. (November 10, 2012).
- Best Practical Implications Paper, 18th Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism. (January 2, 2013).
Colin Johnson, Ph.D., holds a doctorate in economic and social sciences from Fribourg University, Switzerland. He also has an M.B.A. from Manchester Business School and a B.A. from the Open University in the UK.
He has worked in many sectors of the hospitality industry including contract catering, airline catering, two, four and five star hotels, private members clubs, retail restaurants and was assistant catering manager at Manchester United Football Club.
- B.A., Open University, United Kingdom
- M.B.A., Manchester Business School, United Kingdom
- Ph.D. (2002), Fribourg University, Switzerland
Mehmet Ergul holds a Ph.D. in hospitality administration from the College of Human Sciences at Texas Tech University.
Mehmet Ergul joined the SF State faculty in 2006. He is currently teaching Restaurant and Catering Management, Introduction to Hospitality Management, Historical and Contemporary Aspects of Food, Beverage and Culture in America and The Business of International Tourism.
- Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration, Texas Tech University
- B.S. (1995), Bilkent University Ankara, Turkey
- Healthy Eating
- New Food Product Development
- Consumer Behavior
- Food Safety
- I-Chrie Member
- San Francisco Professional Food Society - SFPFS Member
•B.S. Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University
•M.S. in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Roosevelt University