Bill Kimpton Hospitality Scholarship for HTM Students
College of Business : Scholarship Detail : Bill Kimpton Hospitality Scholarship for HTM Students
Bill Kimpton Scholarship
One (1) scholarship will be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year. The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $10,000 ($5,000 for each fall and spring semester).
- Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the Kimpton booth at the Spring HTM Career Fair to meet representatives from Kimpton and learn more about the company and unique Kimpton culture.
- After being notified of their award, scholarship recipients will meet with Kimpton’s VP of People & Culture to discuss their career plans.
- Scholarship recipients agree to do a mentorship (periodic career advisory meetings with a senior manager) at Kimpton during the scholarship period.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to gain their internship experience for the HTM degree at Kimpton, especially during their senior class year.
- The scholarship awards will be renewed if the scholarship recipients continue to meet the scholarship criteria and eligibility requirements as well as commit to continuing their mentorship with Kimpton.
- Students who have declared Hospitality & Tourism Management as their major at SF State, and are currently either sophomore or junior status carrying at least 12 units of classes
- Students who will continue to be enrolled as Hospitality & Tourism Management majors at SF State with 12 units of classes per semester as juniors or seniors in 2014-2015
- Students with a cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.65 at SF State
- Students who have worked in the hotel industry for at least one semester, preferably those who have completed some internship or work experience at any of the Kimpton properties
- Students who aspire to enter the Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants management training program upon graduation
- Students that have a financial need as determined by the financial aid office (student must apply for financial aid using the FAFSA form to determine financial need)
- Academic rating, letter of application, student participation & leadership, work experience and career goals in the hospitality industry
- Intent to start a career with Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants after graduation
- Financial statement
Application Procedure and Due Dates
- Obtain application forms online through the link below
- Complete application forms in triplicate (original and two copies)
- Return completed application forms to Albert Koo in BUS 112 no later than Friday, March 21, 2014, 5 p.m.