Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship
College of Business : Scholarship Detail : Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship
2014-2015 Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship
In an effort to encourage diversity through the enrollment of underrepresented students, former College of Business Dean Dr. Arthur Wallace established this scholarship to support educationally and economically disadvantaged students pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Business.
Emeritus Dean Arthur Wallace was the first African-American dean in the College of Business's history and a champion for diversity in the school of business.
Eight (8) awards of $3,000 each for the 2014-2015 Academic Year ($1,500 for Fall and $1,500 for Spring)
- New or continuing undergraduate business student
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Labor and Employment Studies
Student must have financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).
Student must have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all academic work completed. Student must be enrolled full-time, a minimum of 12 units, per semester.
How to apply
Students must apply through the new Academic Works Scholarship System at: http://www.sfsu.edu/~finaid/scholarships/
- Completed Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship application
- An Essay (minimum of 500 words) on how you plan to use your major to achieve your future career goals. How will Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship help you reach these goals and why are you derserving of this scholarship?
Current transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- for new students, from last school attended
- for continuing students, current SF State transcript
- One letter of recommendation
Application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, March 21, 2014. Materials mailed must be postmarked by March 21, 2014.
Submit completed applications to the College of Business Student Services Center or mail to the address below:
Attn: Wallace Fund for Diversity Scholarship
San Francisco State University
College of Business Student Services Center
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Scholarship recipients will receive an award letter sent to the address indicated on the application.