Benefited position - health, dental, vision, 403B and pension plan. Personal Time off.
TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Performs a variety of specialized accounting duties including processing vendor invoices, verifying account coding, setting up vendor in A/P system, issuing 1099, reconciliations and processing journal entries, in support of the Accounting Department and in accordance with NCPHS policies and procedures.KNOWLEDGE,
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS TO: Controller and receives work leadership from Accounts Payable Lead
- Inputs accounts payable invoices into the accounting system for all NCPHS communities daily. Reviews for accuracy accounts payable tags prepared by other communities. Ensures all invoices, including utilities and check request forms are properly coded and approved. Reviews NCPHS credit card statements and verifies transactions with supporting documentation.
- Processes weekly accounts payable checks as directed and distributes the checks via US and interoffice mail.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing accounts payable mail, including ensuring refund checks are properly coded and distributed as needed. Responds to internal and external inquiries on status of accounts payable invoices. Sets up new vendors in the accounting system. Reconciles vendor statements to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner and any discounts are taken. Prepares check request forms for purchases from outside vendors.
- Assists Senior Accountants with data entry of journal entries as needed.
- Assists in training of others NCPHS employees and accountants on how to perform accounts payable functions as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Administration/Business Management – Acts appropriately within company and department; demonstrates cooperative spirit, respects the rights and abilities of others; begins work on time; supports the NCPHS Mission, Core Values, decisions, and initiatives of the organization and manages competing demands on time and remains focused on key objectives.
- Customer Service (includes residents, internal customers/staff and vendors) – Determines the customers’ needs and wants; demonstrates high commitment to customers; analyzes problems from different points of view; draws accurate conclusions from quantitative information.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills – Produces exceptional written materials; speaks fluent English; listens closely to others; brings conflict into the open and attempts to resolve it; demonstrates a positive attitude; exhibits patience and understanding; maintains composure; exhibits good judgment, maintains confidentiality and is considerate in all dealings with others.
- Technical: Job Knowledge, Current Technology – Understands all job functions and responsibilities; understands capabilities and uses of applicable NCPHS systems to manage workload; demonstrates knowledge and adherence to NCPHS Corporate Compliance and conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with Safety Programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. General knowledge of office procedures and use of office equipment.
- Organizational and analytical skills to plan and complete work assignments with minimal supervision and within established deadlines. Proficient skills with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to quickly learn accounting and property management software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and accurately input data into computer and 10 key calculator.
- Ability to act with patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with staff and vendors under demanding and difficult conditions. Sensitivity and understanding of the issues related to aging.
Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual sitting, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 35 pounds.
High school graduate with additional training in accounting/bookkeeping or a college graduate with a concentration in business/accounting. Minimum of three (3) years of accounts payable or bookkeeping experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Belinda Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org