Monthly stipend or academic credit available
Nearo is the new way to exchange event tickets with other trusted and rated fans nearby. Using the latest in location technology, it helps buyers and sellers meet up in minutes to trade hard tickets and festival wristbands. We also just added eticket features so you can quickly trade and send PDFs. We’re looking for key marketing contributors to help drive distribution and usage at events in town (concerts, sports) and on campus, with the initial focus on the SF Bay Area.
- Social media: help manage Facebook, Instagram, and other channels
- Email marketing: help create promotional emails, track results, and drive usage
- Campus promotion: Identify key Nearo groups and influencers on campus, get in front of campus media
- Business Intelligence: Help create and manage user feedback loops, including through user testing, focus groups, and online analytics
- Create roadmap and event calendar for app distribution on campus
- Organize and run on-campus promotional events
- Assist with off-campus concerts and sporting events
- Full or part-time student at a Bay Area college
- Strong social skills and connections; people know you as an organizer and motivator
- Excellent writing skills
- Marketing, Communications, PR or similar academic focus preferred
- Ability to work 12-15 hours per week, and meet once per week in the SF office
- Can start as early as Feb 6, 2017 and commit to a 3-4 month term.
- Prior experience running social media campaigns
- Prior experience with email marketing content creation, tools management
To apply, send a brief intro highlighting relevant work and/or academic experience, along with your resume to Eric Thomas at email@example.com. A stipend and/or academic credit (depending on school and major) are available for qualified candidates.