Benefits include the opportunity to attend all Merola productions and events, a monthly stipend, and the ability to earn college credit for your internship (student must arrange).
Merola Opera Program is seeking a talented and dedicated marketing and events intern for Spring/Summer 2017. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Marketing & Events Associate, the Merola intern will be involved in event planning, program development and organization, public relations, and all facets of marketing.
About Merola Opera Program: Led artistically by San Francisco Opera Center Director and internationally acclaimed soprano Sheri Greenawald, the Merola Opera Program is an independent nonprofit organization that operates in collaboration with the San Francisco Opera. Founded in 1957 and named for San Francisco Opera’s founder, Gaetano Merola, the program is recognized as one of the most prestigious operatic training programs in the world. The Merola Opera Program typically receives more than 800 applications for approximately 29 positions. Throughout the summer, the Merola artists participate in master classes and private coachings with opera’s most accomplished singers and performers. Participants, which include singers, apprentice coaches, and an apprentice stage director, also receive training in operatic repertory, foreign languages, diction, acting, and stage movement. The Merola program artists appear in public performances throughout the summer. The Merola Opera Program Summer Festival includes two staged operas, a scenes program, and a concert.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Marketing & Events Associate, the Merola intern will be involved in event planning, program development and organization, public relations, and all facets of marketing.
- Applicants must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- A commitment of a maximum of 20 hours per week to work in office and at Merola events.
- Working some evenings and weekends are required.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent computer skills (Adobe Creative Suite a plus), online research skills (or enthusiasm to learn), and be web-savvy.
- Interest in event planning, hospitality, and/or project management is a plus.
- Must have strong writing, editing, and verbal skills.
- The ability to work independently is desired.
- An interest in opera and the performing arts is a must.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to Ruben Pimentel, Director of Marketing & Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org.