- Fexible work schedule
- Monthly health insurance contribution
- Generous personal time off
- Competitive salary depending on experience
The California Preservation Foundation, founded in 1977, is California’s leading state-wide non-profit dedicated to preserving our architectural heritage. A membership-based organization, CPF provides statewide leadership, education and advocacy to more than 1500 members and supporters.
This new position has been developed to establish more effective communication between CPF and its members, create greater public awareness of historic preservation, and respond to the needs of members and donors. The Manager reports to the Executive Director and will be instrumental in accomplishing tactical objectives, and contributing to strategic direction, that lead to CPF’s success.
The ideal candidate will be:
• A creative communicator who understand the importance of marketing and public relations.
• A strategic thinker who can implement on a day-to-day basis (drafting copy, monitoring analytics, etc.)
• Able to implement campaigns in both traditional (paper, mailing) and contemporary (social media) methods
• Collaborative with the Executive Director, Field Services Director and Trustees
• Results-oriented with the goal of increasing membership and public response to CPF and preservation
• Able to engage with and communicate with our members and the public through telephone conversations, social media and the written word.
• Able to make complex and technical issues clear and understandable.
• Draft compelling, creative copy across multiple formats and channels, including website, blog, e-newsletter, social media, print collateral, etc. using a consistent and recognizable voice, style, and tone throughout all communications.
• Collaborate with staff and the board to understand the goals, scope, and customer needs for existing and new programs; develop supportive marketing and communications initiatives; define specific target audiences or core constituencies.
• Manage CPF’s social media platforms to grow followers and increase engagement.
• Oversee the management and day-to-day updating of CPF’s website, driving traffic with compelling content and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
• Working with CPF Executive Director and staff, manage recruitment and retention of CPF members (organizations and individuals). Communicate with donors, members, non-members and others in a relationship building role.
• Build and maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders, including nonprofit and public agency staff, building professionals, and media professionals.
• Review existing individual giving systems and concepts and develop appropriate plans and strategies with support from the Executive Director.
• Assist the Executive Director in researching funding opportunities for CPF.
• Administer CPF’s email marketing and marketing automation platform, setting up campaigns and maintaining contact lists.
• Analyze data pertaining to website and social media use and effectiveness as related to fundraising and awareness activities.
• Manage CPFs’ website member log-in accounts, ensuring that records are updated.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year College or University in the humanities, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Interest in historic preservation, history, architecture and design
• Superb writing and editing skills, and effective oral communications skills.
• Experience planning and implementing marketing and outreach campaigns
• Proven collaboration skills and creativity to encourage successful marketing initiatives.
• Highly organized, able to meet deadlines, work in a lead role with committees, create and manage work plans.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently. Driven and solution-oriented; can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion.
• The job requires periodic travel and overnight stays. Applicant must have a valid California driver’s license.
Submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Include a cover letter describing your skills and experience and why you are a fit for the position.
2. Submit your resume.
3. Include 3-5 published writing samples that display your creativity and versatility across formats, from blog posts or magazine articles to emails or web pages.