Summer 2018 - 3 Months
The J.M. Smucker Company’s west coast corporate office is in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District. In 2015, The J.M. Smucker Company added a collection of #1 and leading pet brands to its existing portfolio of trusted consumer foods and coffee brands, including Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Natural Balance®, Pup-Peroni®, and 9Lives®. Steps from the Embarcadero, the San Francisco office boasts four floors in the iconic One Maritime Plaza and houses a variety of corporate functions for our Pet Food and Pet Snacks portfolio.
Assist the Revenue Growth Management (RGM) group in cross-functional efforts with the Market Development Organization, Brand Marketing, and Finance to drive Revenue and Profit growth across the Smucker portfolio of brands
- Participate in Pricing and Promotion Strategy activities, including:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate and determine optimal price and promotional strategies that align with brand objectives.
- Assist in the analysis of future pricing and promotional strategy changes to determine volume and revenue impact.
- Identify, monitor and analyze brand, category, and commodity trends to improve Pricing strategy.
- Research, analyze, and present Anchor Project on Pricing/Promotion related business question.
- Gain knowledge of the Smucker business from a Revenue Growth Management perspective, including; Industry standards, organizational structure, customers,
- and go to market strategies.
- Learn how to develop strong business relationships with internal customers and contacts.
- Learn how to collect, analyze, and interpret data and present findings using data visualization
- Learn Smucker product portfolio and business processes.
• Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, or Data/Analytics related major
• Candidates should be finishing their Junior year of studies prior to the internship
• GPA of 3.0 or above is required
• Prior work/leadership experience is strongly preferred
• Demonstrates willingness to relocate for future internship opportunities or full-time job opportunities
• Strong analytical skills are preferred